Judge's Behaviour On Video?

Brennan's Mum

An experienced exhibitor would speak to (or slap!!) the judge - a less experienced one wouldn't care to, even though they were not happy with how the puppy was handled by the judge.

You can bet your ass I'd be quick to remove my dog from the ring and give her a piece of my mind and I've never shown a dog before! The sad thing is the owner/handler didn't look in the least bit concerned at what the judge was doing, like it was the norm :grouphug: How is that checking for conformation! Far out!!!!

Edited by RubyStar

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen exhibitors (experienced ones) do this in training, same as deliberately setting the dog up with their back feet at the edge of the table so if they prop or pull back they will "fall''.

If you consider that to be an acceptable training method or not there is no way is this acceptable from a judge in a ring - and WTF was the exhibitor thinking, if she'd done it to one of mine she would've got a gob full and the dog would've been off the table and out of the ring so fast it would've caught on fire. Got to have a rueful shake of the head though at the next exhibitor sweeping up their dog and taking it to the table - are you blind or stupid mate?

You kind of feel you want to put your hands around the woman's neck and squeeze.

Yes, that was my reaction. A judge with a problem.

Have to agree appalling

Mind you i found it just as bad that the exhibitor LET the judge do that to her dog

Judges behavior is disgusting. Apparently not the first time. When complaints were made previously, nothing was done - no proof.

Now there is proof, and it is believed she will have her license to judge revoked. An experienced exhibitor would speak to (or slap!!) the judge - a less experienced one wouldn't care to, even though they were not happy with how the puppy was handled by the judge.

Hope she is banned for life. It is deserved

A less experienced person would care, and the way they would show it, is to stop showing their dogs.

:grouphug:

Quote from Facebook:

..."For those of you who don´t speak Spanish.......All I can

see on this short video is an expert (and free) lesson by a great profesional

judge/breeder, Ana Mesto, trying to teach a very new exhibitor how to control a

puppy. The tecnic is totally clasic, most breeder/handler/exhibitors use it on

new or difficult dogs. This little fellow was totally out of control a few weeks

earlier at the Velez-Malaga show. A little firmness should not be confused with

mistreatment."...

Jesus wept, I might be a 'new exhibitor' , but sure as sh*t I would not be proud if this was common practice here - remind me never to to show under a Spanish judge if this is 'expert handling'.

... and might I point out the 'little fellow' looked to be under perfect control until she started trying to tie it in a knot... :D

Edited by dog geek

Quote from Facebook:

..."For those of you who don´t speak Spanish.......All I can

see on this short video is an expert (and free) lesson by a great profesional

judge/breeder, Ana Mesto

That may be one opinion from Facebook, but lets just say those on FB that I know from that country and others in Europe are appalled, so I don't think it is exactly a common one.

It looks like she was almost trying to do some weird chiropractic thing to its neck? Poor dog. How bizarre.

That's what struck me as well - it looked like how one might ring a chook's neck.

I guess that's why she's judging tiny companion breeds, a guardian breed might have given her a new orifice for trying to do that to it.

I'd pay to see that.

It looks like she was almost trying to do some weird chiropractic thing to its neck? Poor dog. How bizarre.

I guess that's why she's judging tiny companion breeds, a guardian breed might have given her a new orifice for trying to do that to it.

:banghead::bottom:

I thought the same thing the little dog was very composed through the whole thing never even looked like it was going to get agro with the judge.

That poor dog, if anyone ever handled a dog I owned like that I'd rip them a new one!! Absolutley disgusting!!

I could be mistaken, but it appeared to me that the judge had a disgusted look on her face as soon as she saw the dog would not complete it's out and back.

I too felt sick watching this. Sure it is possible that it may not have been as awful for the dog as it appears to me, but it is not the point. Judges should not do any training of exhibitors' dogs in the ring. Ihave seen and know of plenty of dogs that have been put off showing owing to judges over zealous handling... mind you none of it was as bad as this.

Credit to the dog that it didn't bite her... but if anyone did that to one of my dogs, I'D bite them...

Training is one thing, but that footage appears to be manhandling plain and simple - and the dog was terrified of her and looking to it's owner for some help (and didn't get it)

T.

Why oh why is the handler letting her do that to the dog?

As soon as she started I would of asked her to stop!!

No wonder the poor dog didn't want to walk towards the judge.

If I was the fellow behind her I would told the steward (if there is one) that she is not touching my dog!!

Did she handle the following dog in the same manner?

BB

I came across this too on facebook,

I would not have let her handle my dog in that manner not appropriate nor helping the poor dog to learn the right way to behave in the ring......

Disgusting!

The owner is worse and should have walked away immediately. Glory over abuse.

The judge needs to buy some pants that fit. Maybe that added to her stress. I dont think I have ever seen such gluteal divide.

Edited by Chewbacca

I could be mistaken, but it appeared to me that the judge had a disgusted look on her face as soon as she saw the dog would not complete it's out and back.

I too felt sick watching this. Sure it is possible that it may not have been as awful for the dog as it appears to me, but it is not the point. Judges should not do any training of exhibitors' dogs in the ring. Ihave seen and know of plenty of dogs that have been put off showing owing to judges over zealous handling... mind you none of it was as bad as this.

Training? I have never seen training like that. Have you?

Whatever she was attempting to do, what she was doing was abuse - she pulled the dog off the table times, she had it by the neck shaking its liver loose -the pup was very upset. I thought it ran out very well, considering. Strange that it wouldn't gait back to the judge :laugh:

Poor competitor had no idea what to do ... should have poked the judges eye out. Wonder what the penalty for that is? ;) More experienced competitors would have, this one was not so experienced.

There is visual proof. The complaint has been lodged. The licence will be revoked. The video was taken because visual proof was necessary to have the licence revoked.

A less experienced person would care, and the way they would show it, is to stop showing their dogs

There is no proof otherwise. However that was one crap judge amongst good ones. Why should anyone give up with a promising judge because they found a crap judge.

Show dog world - is horrified. The video was sent around overseas, and now in Australia.

Edited by *Bones*

Absolutely disgusting on both owner and especially Judge part.

I did notice at least she wiped her hands between dogs FAR TOO MANY dont bother, ( in fact I have only seen one do this) I prefer they would disinfect their hands when touching dog to dog. JMHO