Limited Registered Dog Being Bred

RoccosMum

I've put this in this section mainly because id like feedback from breeders.

I work with a girl who's mum breeds Lhasa's. Now recently she bought in a dog from eastern states to breed with her two bitches. She is NOT a registered breeder and the dog she bought in from eastern states is on the Limited Register. I dont know which state or what kennel he has come from or even if this dog actually has ANKC papers. Yet to find all this out.

My main concern is that the bitch she put him to has had spinal problems. Not sure to what extent but she was paralysed for a good few months or so. Also this bitch is a X. She also put the dog to one of her other bitches a Lhasa who is not registered. This dog has what looks like an undershot jaw.

Now the puppies all have hernia's and one needed immediate surgery.

And this is just the begining.....

Should I did deeper and find out where this dog has come from? the LR dog? He would not have been 12 months when he sired his first litter, which by the way he sired two at once.

Would you want to know if you were the breeder?

I would say don't bother.The breeder could have spayed prior or had it part of it.s puppy sales.

Alll our LR pups must be spayed we have a breed highly sort after by BYB & DD

So if someone doesnt honour their contract to spay but breed instead would you want to know?

No breeder is going to spay an 8 week old GD puppy and you couldnt know if there was an agreement in place or not.

If it were mie I would want to know and I would give them a serve to make me feel better but reality is there isnt anything to be done about it and its probably better to let it go.

When breeders sell an undesexed dog & have no desexing policy in place or do not follow up in this they already know the dog may be bred from. It happens all the time.

Just means the pups can't be registered or their pedigree get out, although a computer generated copy may be shown or given

There is absolutely no way of stopping this & nothing the breeder can do.

They don't own the dog now.

Suppose the question really is what does one hope to achieve by telling the breeder ? Is there any point ?

I would say don't bother.The breeder could have spayed prior or had it part of it.s puppy sales.

So if someone doesnt honour their contract to spay but breed instead would you want to know?

No breeder is going to spay an 8 week old GD puppy and you couldnt know if there was an agreement in place or not.

If it were mie I would want to know and I would give them a serve to make me feel better but reality is there isnt anything to be done about it and its probably better to let it go.

We follow up the with all our puppy owners ,we have an age stated in our paperwork & if we haven't heard back after a set time we follow up.

If a breeder is interested they will ring & see where things stand.

We have a 100% success rate on all our pups being spayed it isn't hard to keep track of pups & do follow ups.

Without knowing what agreements have been made with the breeder you can't very well phone up & give them a mouthful.

We follow up the with all our puppy owners ,we have an age stated in our paperwork & if we haven't heard back after a set time we follow up.

If a breeder is interested they will ring & see where things stand.

We have a 100% success rate on all our pups being spayed it isn't hard to keep track of pups & do follow ups.

Without knowing what agreements have been made with the breeder you can't very well phone up & give them a mouthful.

How do you know for sure that they have been desexed and it isn't just the owner telling you it has been done?

How do you know for sure that they have been desexed and it isn't just the owner telling you it has been done?

In my case, Mine have to send me a copy of the vets steralisation paper work which must have the microchip number on it.

5 of the 8 were all desexed (also Gastroplexy) at my vet, several drove 2+ hours to go there.

They are also refunded $250 of there purchase price.

I have also seen all the puppies for a family reunion at 12 months, and I receive emails from my puppy people every week.

I'd want to know... even if i couldn't do anything about it at the time, at least I'd be able to warn others in the breed about selling to that person in the future...

I'd want to know as well, and for this reason.

Yes, for this reason if no other. Under these conditions it sounds like they will soon be looking for another bitch! Poor girl.

• 1 month later...
I've put this in this section mainly because id like feedback from breeders.

I work with a girl who's mum breeds Lhasa's. Now recently she bought in a dog from eastern states to breed with her two bitches. She is NOT a registered breeder and the dog she bought in from eastern states is on the Limited Register. I dont know which state or what kennel he has come from or even if this dog actually has ANKC papers. Yet to find all this out.

My main concern is that the bitch she put him to has had spinal problems. Not sure to what extent but she was paralysed for a good few months or so. Also this bitch is a X. She also put the dog to one of her other bitches a Lhasa who is not registered. This dog has what looks like an undershot jaw.

Now the puppies all have hernia's and one needed immediate surgery.

And this is just the begining.....

Should I did deeper and find out where this dog has come from? the LR dog? He would not have been 12 months when he sired his first litter, which by the way he sired two at once.

Would you want to know if you were the breeder?

Yes, I'd want to know and have discovered the hard way that non-breeding agreements signed and witnessed are the way to go to impress on people that they are legally bound regarding breeding with LR dogs. Mind you, only with the last litter I discovered a supposedly ethical professional person had full intention of breeding with one of my limited reg puppies. The force was with me and I discovered this just in the nick of time. She didn't get a puppy and all breeders I could think of were warned.