2011 Brags Thread

Oh poor little shaved Denver! ;) Well done! :(

ETA: What video editor do you use Smisch?

Amy I use Sony Vegas, its the only thing that reads my ancient camera.. am updating this yr once I have the money lol SLR lens ranks higher hahaha.. Yes my nkaed bc but man is he feeling better lol

Unfortunately we forgot our camera, but our goal for this year is to video our runs frequently so I'm sure I will have some to share soon. I so wish that we had recorded our JDM run from Saturday as it was one of those runs that just felt sooooo good - that's not the one you saw on video was it Smisch :fingerscrossed: . I'm too superstitious though and so far we have never recorded a qualifying run, in fact in most the runs we have videoed we mess up by obstacle 5

Congrats on your great runs with Denver, Smisch... he is running sooo nicely for such a young dog, just imagine how fantastic he will be with a bit more practice under his belt!!!

He runs well for sure, I wish that he'd give me what he gives at home lol.. my stress head hahaha but there is plent of time! I cant wait to see us in a few months again. Thanks Nic

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, plently of good brags already this year!! :) :D

Very jealous of all of you trialling this early in the year, not trials for me 'til ... March :) ;)

(Smisch, you need a Banjo pic in your sig :D :rofl: )

It's only small, but I'm teaching Carl canine freestyle moves and we've almost got leg-weaving down! :) The clicker is a godsend, it makes training so much easier for me! Carl does catch onto things really quickly though. :rofl: Another brag for him, he's getting a lot better with cats (was terrified of them) thanks to some rescue kittens at the vet my sister works for. Desensitizing is hard!

As for Mischa, she finally mastered targeting and beg. :rofl: She's a bit stubborn (Min Pins... :) ) so this is a big deal for us!

Falling asleep at keyboard..... :o

Ruby gained another Novice Jumping quali in her 2nd Novice Jumping trial :) 3rd in 500 ;)

We also gave Open Jumping a go and had a lot of fun! Didn't expect much out of that one (except to have fun, which we did!) and even though Ruby didn't get the weaves til her 2nd attempt and we messed up the distance bit (not hard to mess up when you haven't actually trained any distance stuf ;)), I couldn't be happier with how we went and she remained upbeat for the entire thing! ;) Tried her little heart out, and that's all I can really ask for :rofl:

Why what is she doing on the dog walk?

Refusing to go over, or crouching on it then wanting to jump off. She's always been a bit nervous on ramps and stuff, but I got her over it to the point she would do the dogwalk. Then the introduction of the baby see-saw saw us go back to step 1. More months of remedial dogwalk training and I had her going over it again. An unfortunate incident seeing her flying over a full sized see-saw (wasn't meant to, huge handler error and I am paying for it dearly) has taken us back to square 1 yet again. Handler needs more than a good whack for that one :laugh: Sigh!!

Big brag from us tonight :laugh:

Miss Trim went 4 from 4 & won RQH Agility AND Jumping, Masters Jumping & 2nd in Masters Agility :(

Shine did some awesome runs too, no off courses :rofl: but took 1 bar in each run.

It totally sucks that I felt the best connection I have ever had with both of them & we've done about 10 mins training in the last month :) I had planned to do heaps of training over the next week...not so sure now :)

Thanks to Rally Valley who tonight handled Strauss for Best Puppy in Group for the second week running :laugh: and NO I am not considering crossing to the dark side :)

Hannah you did a great job and all my kids love you :(

:(:rofl::)

Go Strauss!!!!!!!!

Good thing the rain went away then, huh!

Well done Vickie! That's mighty impressive :D :(

Thanks to Rally Valley who tonight handled Strauss for Best Puppy in Group for the second week running :laugh: and NO I am not considering crossing to the dark side :D

Hannah you did a great job and all my kids love you :)

No problem Sandi :( Thier not choosing my handling but your handsome lad so a big :( to his breeder and you. :(

C'mon the dark side would love you :) I can just see you with a red setter ;)

I love your kids too :rofl:

Congrats to all the agility brags! :) Good work Trim, Shine and Ruby :)

Congrats RS and Vickie!!! Goes to show how much the dogs appreciate their agility when they come back from the break so enthusiastic!

We had a nice trial last night, no opens so just 2 runs each. Lomani got an ADM quallie (now only 1 off our ADM title, eeeeeeee!!!!!!!). My OH got a lovely AD quallie and 1st place with Bond and just 1 fault in JD. I think he'll be hitting his stride in a few weeks with a bit of training under his belt :bottom:

And for whoever it was that wanted to see a cocker in action... here you go

It felt like a really messy run but doesn't look too bad on video!

Hey AD - you got a NQ place with Xena last night too :laugh:

Well done Ptolomy, RV & little Strauss :bottom:

Oh, Vickie I AM envious of your start to the year!!! Congratulations :rofl: And stuff training :rofl:

We had a "mini" jumping trial this morning....2 rings only, set up 6am (:rofl:), start 8am and home by 11am, which was fortunate as it warmed up very quickly and had hit at least 30C by the time we packed up and headed home.

First up for Zig and me was Open Jumping....despite me stacking it (too much looking at the 'pretty doggy' as one of my wonderful mentors chastised me) Ziggy ran clear and we got our 2nd pass :love: Thanks Mr TSD for taking video -

Then it was time for our first Excellent Jumping run (ever!) but the heat took it's toll on dog and handler. Ziggy tipped a couple of jumps, which is always a sign he is hot/tired and I sent him off course :laugh: Thanks to Luke (of Luke and Barkley Inc :eek: ) for taking video (

) as Mr TSD took his Dad home. My MIL stayed with me and very much enjoyed watching all the dogs run around and everyone was most lovely and welcoming :laugh: