Recommendations For Ladies Show Shoes?

japtzu

HI all,

Just wondering what everyone thought were the best type of ladies shoes for the show ring? I need to buy a new pair and like the casual jogger style (with either the elastic or velcro crossovers on the front), but have no idea about brand or where to get them.

Any recommendations?? Best non-slip etc??

Thanks

I have multiple pairs of Skechers. They are very comfy. I buy my from the States on Shoebuy.com. They work out about $70 with postage. It kind of works out cheaper the more oyu buy with the postage. I usually but for myself and some friends so we get them cheaper. Ebay have skechers as well there is a great ebay shop called Aussie in USA.

well.... I need to stride out/ run with my dogs on grass and I tend to wear skirts thus I wear 'dress' shoes or loafers . MOST IMPORTANT things are:

• comfort as you are in them/ standing all day
  • look - gotta look good and go with your show outfit
  • grip - so you don't go A over T in the ring or in the car park
  • you can run in them without them slipping
  • you must be prepared to do a trial 'run' in the shoe shops - I have amused quite a few assistants for jogging around the store ....
    and be prepared to have them soaking wet, wee'd on by boys aiming at your leg and other show misshaps...

You can buy suede heel grips, silicone heelp grips, latex shoe liners (a must for extra comfort) and stick on sole grips at Priceline stores to help with fit, comfort and non-slip. Or shoe repair shop can do something similar with heels and soles.

Depends on how fast you regularly move your dog - that is, do you have an Affie that you stride out with or a toy you walk ? You could wear nice 'dress' shoes including loafers with a smaller dog or something grippier running flat out with a bigger dog. Do you show indoors on fake grass or outdoors on grass in all conditions ?

Do you like to colour co-ordinate with your outfit or could weare just black or cream ? do wear skirts or trousers ? as shoes look different with skirts.

I have found Payless shoes 'copies' of Skechers to be a good start, especially when they have their sales and it works out to around $40 a pair, I have also got loafers, casual & Mary-janes from there.

I know some handlers love their Riversoft loafers for comfort and grip. I also like some of the Diana Ferrari shoes (from factory outlets too)

I have multiple pairs of Skechers. They are very comfy. I buy my from the States on Shoebuy.com. They work out about $70 with postage. It kind of works out cheaper the more oyu buy with the postage. I usually but for myself and some friends so we get them cheaper. Ebay have skechers as well there is a great ebay shop called Aussie in USA.

I too have just bought a pair from shoebuy.com which worked out to about $75 incl postage. Although it took them 14 days to actually send me the confirmation to say they were being sent, it only took from the friday to monday for them to arrive via DHL. :D

This is my fourth pair of skechers and I love them. Funky colours and cool designs.

I too have just bought a pair from shoebuy.com which worked out to about $75 incl postage. Although it took them 14 days to actually send me the confirmation to say they were being sent, it only took from the friday to monday for them to arrive via DHL. :)

This is my fourth pair of skechers and I love them. Funky colours and cool designs.

Hi,

Rivers are brilliant...........they have lots of shoes that are similiar in design to Sketchers. Very cheap, lots of colours, non slip and it doesn't matter if they get trashed with wet weather or mud...easy and inexpensive to replace.

I bought a pair os Sketchers recently which began to come unstitched after I wore them out twice - once to go to lunch and once to do some shopping - they were the most expensive pair of rubbish - and no they weren't ebay knock offs - they came from a reputable shop. Not happy and would never buy another pair.

After losing a ballet flat at full gallop in the ring during a Royal I now go for the ones with straps over my feet... At least the judge didn't notice... The Steward was a bit more observant though... :(

I got a good new pair of white ones at Rivers Clearance outlet (DFO) today - $30. I love them. :)

I saw similar Sketchers ones for a whole lot more ($75 and upwards). Considering the punishment they get at shows - wet, dust, mud, etc etc. - cheap is better. That way I don't worry about them and can focus on the dogs!