Why Did You Join Dogzonline?

-Megz-

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined cause I knew I wanted to get a dog in the future, and wanted to do alot of research before i buy one, pure-bred was the way to go and no better to come and join dogzonlone. Now i got beautiful 4 month old rott.

I was a lurker way before I joined - I used DOL to read up on all the do's and don'ts of buying a pup - didn't join until I actually had a pup as that's when I felt like I had bragging rights and ability to post.

My pup came from a breeder advertising on here.

Edited by Fatsofatsoman

I was a lurker way before I joined - I used DOL to read up on all the do's and don'ts of buying a pup - didn't join until I actually had a pup as that's when I felt like I had bragging rights and ability to post.

My pup came from a breeder advertising on here.

and also just looking at my joined date (march-11) I don't reckon that's right - I'm sure I've been here longer than 3 mths. Boonie is just over a year old??

I joined after I got Jet when a high school friend who's a member recommended me to this forum. I only knew what my family knew about dogs, after joining this forum I discovered how little that knowledge was!

I was on a mainly American/Canadian dog forum for a couple of years before DOL. Then I decided I wanted to talk to some Aussies about dogs and have the possibility to meet some people one day.

That was about 4 years ago and I'm still on both forums.

I found the forums after finding the Dogz Online mature dog listing and poring over it for months (along with petrescue, which I am still obsessed with). I lurked for months before joining, then again before posting :o

I wanted to find a place where I can talk about dogs with other dog crazy people :D

Charlie was my first puppy (although not my first dog I've ever owned) and I wanted to do right by him too..

Edited by CW EW

I joined because I had a lot of issues with Zero at the time and I needed somewhere to vent where someone wouldn't tell me my only option was to have him PTS. I was a lurker for a long time before I joined though :)

Edited by ~*Shell*~

I have just graduated my Certificate 4 in Veterinary Nursing and am LOVING my job now!!!

Literally DOL has changed my life.

Love this story also!

I joined to research breeds that were for me, I researched each breed for about 6 months and then purchased my puppies from breeders on here. Now I am researching my next breed, the Newfoundland!

Love learning more and more about dogs. :D

well I've just joined, I've been a lurker on the dogzonline site for a few years but hadn't found my way to the forums, I had been looking out for a new dog, & I'll be picking up a sweet one soon & while doing a bit of research fond my way here & thought I'd join :)

I joined ages ago when I was trying to convince my husband that we should get a dog. (He's not a dog person lol), but it seemed kinda pointless to stay since he wouldn't budge on the subject. However, we've finally agreed on a corgi (which I grew up with!) and I found my way back here during my search for a breeder and pup. :)

I joined after looking up certain problems that our dogs have, and found this site and found it very informative, I had been looking at this site for some time before joining though.

lablove

I joined to:

- Get help - and I did, can't thank enough the people here

- Get comfort from being "listened to" and comforted when I worry about my pooches

plus many other reasons

A BIG THANK YOU

Edited by GSDowner

I joined DOL because there appeared to be a ridiculous amount of knowledge flying around here. It was good to talk to other people who loved dogs, and to get ideas, I found an amazing trainer through DOL.....I was so green! Im still green,but I know a shite load more than what I did, and feel confident in feeding a raw diet, that my dogs are happy and healthy etc.