Dog Just Died Anyone Up

JulesP

I am really sorry for your loss Jules, He sounded a lovely dog from your posts. Fly free Brock.

I had something similar happen to me years ago. A neighbour put a box of snail bait on top of the fence (I was on acres then) and it got knocked over and some spilt into my yard and my dally ate it. I would never have known where it came from if he hadn't told me when I asked.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So very, very sorry for your loss. The shock and grief can be unbearable. I hope you accept help from any nearby dolers just to help you through this time...perhaps do a property check for you....and to just have someone with you.

Maybe this is an over-reaction but given there is now Multiguard, a non toxic snail bait, I almost wish the old green stuff could be lobbied to be banned, or sold under license somehow.

Sorry to sort of go technical, but it's important that people know that Multiguard is definitely NOT non-toxic. It supposedly tastes bitter, so not as appetising as the others, but if enough is ingested it can most definitely be fatal.

Edited by stormie

Maybe this is an over-reaction but given there is now Multiguard, a non toxic snail bait, I almost wish the old green stuff could be lobbied to be banned, or sold under license somehow.

Sorry to sort of go technical, but it's important that people know that Multiguard is definitely NOT non-toxic. It supposedly tastes bitter, so not as appetising as the others, but if enough is ingested it can most definitely be fatal.

Yes I know of a pup that died.

Use beer people if you feel the need to kill snails..

Thanks, I was of the belief it was safe as the product claims such. I deleted my comment and feel this is not the place to discuss it. My apologies.

Oh Jules I saw your FB post early this morning, but just discovered this thread and how poor Brock died. Its just so s**t and unfair and horrible that this has happened. I'm so so sorry for you. I'd be keeping those girls inside for a while, if only so you can sleep well knowing where they are.

Look after yourself and not too much alcohol or you'll feel even worse tomorrow.

Run free and easy Brock, my sexy Sasha the Doberman will show you the best places to hang out over the rainbow bridge until we, one day, join you. :rainbowbridge: