Good Thoughts Needed For Amber

JulesP

The ultrasound showed that Amber has multiple shunts. This means that they can't operate. It is a matter of management now, diet and fixing any issues that occur.

They can't give me a lifespan. Could be days, weeks, months or years.

They were very good btw and spent a heap of time answering all my questions.

I have my fingers crossed that its years!! Good luck with her - she is such a beautiful girl!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultrasound showed that Amber has multiple shunts. This means that they can't operate. It is a matter of management now, diet and fixing any issues that occur.

Shite. Sorry Jules. :(

Hoping she responds well to the diet. :crossfingers: The rash probably is from being shaved. I've seen it with a few of my rescues when they have been vetted.

Oh shite Jules! I was having everything crossed for better news :(. Good news is she is responding well to the diet, so lets hope that she continues to maintain that.

Oh I'm sorry to hear this Jules :hug:

On the positive I think the fact that she is 18 months old without showing severe symptoms before now is a good sign for medical and dietary management.

I agree! :hug:

Oh Jules, that's sad to hear. I think you're right about her feeling the effects of the poking and prodding and the sedative - that would have to clear through the liver, I guess. Hopefully she picks up during the day, and can enjoy all the spoiling she's going to get. And it does seem like you've got a good handle on the dietary management. :hug:

Yeah likely to be the sedative poor girl, did they give you lactulose to give her? That's what they gave me it's supposed to help remove the toxins apparently.

No lactulose at the moment as she isn't showing many neurological symptoms and she is going to the loo enough.

She has picked up a bit since this morning. Her tummy has gone down now and she just looks really skinny. Can't believe how quickly they can lose condition.

She just went nuts for food and is doing this high pitched whine which I haven't heard before.

I am going to need to relax a bit and not watch her constantly.

Yeah try not to stress too much, it's good that she's keen on her tucker my boy went from being very fussy and ordinary about his tucker to wolfing down as much of the LD as he could get! From memory he did gain a bit of weight on that too so hopefully Amber will be the same.