Don't Lose Sight Of What You Have.

dogslife

Four weeks ago my pack was this.

post-8618-0-72456800-1314933808_thumb.jpg

Three were mine and the fourth was my daughters. It was a well balanced group and they all loved each other.

My three played and slept together and welcomed ( usually ) my daughters girl when she visited and stayed. We had some issues with my daughters dog some years ago but all had settled well.

The glue was my nine year old Rottie cross. She was the link between all the dogs.

She died suddenly 4 weeks ago after a short battle at the vets. Her delightful spirit was no longer here and we all grieved at her passing.

Then 16 days later my daughters girl passed away in the night after a wonderful day. We miss her bouncy nature.

Now my Dane cross is back and forth to the vets with a serious condition that may take her life sooner than I had expected.

Four weeks ago my life was blessed with four delightful hounds who brought joy every day to my world. Now I look like I may have only one after nine wonderful years.

Life is so short with our fur kids. Take the time today to hug and cuddle your babies. Don't take for granted what you have. It can change in a flash.

Guest donatella

thats awful to hear but be thankful that they lived a wonderful life together and with your family. some dogs live short neglected lives and die by euthanasia at a young age because noone wanted them. at least yours were loved and i'm sure they knew that, hang in there

Awful! :cry::cry: I'm so very sorry. Thankyou for the reminder. I spend almost every minute with my girls and love them dearly. I absolutely dread the moments when the time will come. Lovely 'pack' photo, they all look very comfy and content. Lovely memories. xxxxxx

So very true. And I've been telling myself the same since we lost Benson. That just ripped my heart out and turned my world upsde down.

At the start of this year we had 4 dogs. We still have four dogs but two are newcomers and two that we had in January are no longer with us. Benson left so suddenly that I am still having trouble coming to terms with the thought that I'll never see him again.

I know how you feel Dogslife. I had 4 dogs a year ago.

I lost Fern to old age at 15yo. Even though she was 15yo and had a great life she was my heart dog so that hurt.

8 weeks ago I lost a 5 yo border collie, Brock, to poisoning. I am still processing how it happened as it was rather traumatic, and I miss him.

Now I am facing losing my 20 month old BC, Amber. She might go down hill fast or she might last for years. Just don't know.

Next April will be the 4th year in a row that I will have to tick the pet deceased' box on my council registration form. Not happy.

Even when rushing and busy I always take the time to stop and pat the pets. Taken ages to write this as Poppy and Amber are wanting pats, lol.

Its so hard. I know my girls have all had a wonderful life since they came to live with me.

They were all abuse cases before I got them.

They slept inside and got to swim most days in the harbour. They were spoilt rotten and loved so much.

They came for car rides and slept on my bed most nights. Cuddles are a daily joy here.

Its the loss of the perfect pack and the pain of losing so many so fast with little warning.

I have sat here this afternoon watching my Dane girl as I work, knowing that her time is running out and I cannot change it.

The tears keep flowing.

Hug your babies

So very true Dogslife.

I feel your pain. :hug:

I lost my 10yr old Sibe Jay in May, Whitey (6yrs old) in June and then my heartdog Gypsy very suddenly and unexpectedly on 20th July aged almost 12. She was fine one minute, then gone the next. :( I am still struggling to cope with my losses, especially Gypz. I am lost without my ole girl.

Hoping your Dane x gets better soon. :crossfingers:

Dogs I am so sorry I had hoped to read better news about your Dane X, please give her a big gentle hug from me I remember meeting her when I met you she's gorgeous I hope and pray she can improve and spend much more time with you. (I do remember her name but won't use it out of respect for you as you haven't mentioned her name.) Extra hug given to Sparkles tonight!

I've had to stop reading the rainbow bridge thread because the loss in DOL land this year is overwhelming. I'm three months down the track and still not over losing my old girl. I had her almost 16 years and it still wasn't long enough. She wasn't my heart dog and she wasn't overly smoochy but she was the tough matriach of all the dogs that have been in my life and the gap in all our lives since she is gone is measurable. What a shit God (sorry) to create the most amazing creatures but only leave them on this earth to touch our lives for such a short period of time.

Going off for a good cry now....