Which Dry Dogfood Does Your Dog Like Best?

Stitch

I wonder if the enticement was more about having Boonie's food Fatsofatsoman, because Eukanuba has a reputation for being unpalatable.

My two are on raw but i buy a little bit of kibble for the kong wobbler and they seem to like Nutro and Holistic select very much :)

hmm that came across as snooty, but I didn't mean it to :)

Not sure - we fed all of them out of identical ice cream containers. And Boon was always the last to be sent to his food as he was the quickest eater and then would go on to whoever hadn't finished. But they always seemed to head for the Eukanuba. I even did a swap around of positions one night and same result.

Boon has always loved Eukanuba and I can use it as treats he likes it so much.

I've tried Boon on Raw and he didn't seem to have the same oomph come dinner time.

They were all labs so they wouldn't have had an issue eating anything to be honets.

I saw some photos on here somewhere of Boonie at the park just at the time you decided to stop the Raw feeding & meant to have commented then on how shiny his coat was. Was that after the RAW feeding?

Interesting for a Lab not to have oomph at dinner time :laugh:

I don't think it came across as snooty.

Edited by jakeyjangels

Hugo would eat Nutro alright but when I presented him with Black Hawk over Nutro, it was like.. "Nutro? What's Nutro? Give me more of the drugs you're keeping for yourself, please!" It's like Black Hawk is loaded with a dog version of crack. He went berserk over it. :laugh:

I wonder if the enticement was more about having Boonie's food Fatsofatsoman, because Eukanuba has a reputation for being unpalatable.

My two are on raw but i buy a little bit of kibble for the kong wobbler and they seem to like Nutro and Holistic select very much :)

hmm that came across as snooty, but I didn't mean it to :)

Not sure - we fed all of them out of identical ice cream containers. And Boon was always the last to be sent to his food as he was the quickest eater and then would go on to whoever hadn't finished. But they always seemed to head for the Eukanuba. I even did a swap around of positions one night and same result.

Boon has always loved Eukanuba and I can use it as treats he likes it so much.

I've tried Boon on Raw and he didn't seem to have the same oomph come dinner time.

They were all labs so they wouldn't have had an issue eating anything to be honets.

I saw some photos on here somewhere of Boonie at the park just at the time you decided to stop the Raw feeding & meant to have commented then on how shiny his coat was. Was that after the RAW feeding?

Interesting for a Lab not to have oomph at dinner time :laugh:

I don't think it came across as snooty.

One of the main reasons we went back to Eukanuba was a degredation in his coat - it got lighter and lost some shine. Having been told that coat condition is a good indicator on all round health condition we went back to Eukanuba. His shine has started to come back (which I think may have been the pic you saw).

Nutrience Active - only dog food our tiny dog will eat and has helped him get back to an ideal weight. Just about to change to Nutrience Original and will see how we go.

Katie fav is stolen RC cat bikkies :eek:

Hugo would eat Nutro alright but when I presented him with Black Hawk over Nutro, it was like.. "Nutro? What's Nutro? Give me more of the drugs you're keeping for yourself, please!" It's like Black Hawk is loaded with a dog version of crack. He went berserk over it. :laugh:

I reckon Royal Canin has cocaine in it :laugh:

I am an Advance and Proplan fan, but I feed Zeke any of the premium diets - like Persephone if he wants his brekfast, he eats which brand is on special this month :D

Just curious - how does his tummy handle regular changes in the diet? Just wondering because they all recommend a gradual change-over when changing to a new kibble.

I do any change over two days - half half the first night of brand change, 75% new the second night. I work at a pet store so I have easy access to specials, so if anything good pops up like Advance bonus bags I always nab one then :) But I've never had any dramas changing over, Zeke being a Lab cross is pretty much cast-iron stomach!

I've recently shifted from BARF to Castor and Pollux All Natural . . . which I doubt you can get in Australia. It includes visibly identifiable dried bananas, peas, carrots . . . and contains about 4% menhaden (a cheap, oily fish sometimes used as stock feed) and has a fishy smell . . . rice is the only grain. Has done wonders for my girls coats. Hard to tell how much they appreciate it. They'd go whacko over a bowl of diced Wonder Bread with bacon drippings poured over it.