Please Send Earl Healing Thoughts

MsKatie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all - apparently he is looking brighter and has eaten a small ammount - am waiting to talk to the vet and will add more information after I have but sounding positive :)

Eta - have just been to see Earl and he is up and walking around - still on fluids and not a happy boy which is totally understandable - particularly as he has a cone of shame on.

Fingers still crossed that he continues to improve

Edited by KelpieHoundMum

Thanks all - apparently he is looking brighter and has eaten a small ammount - am waiting to talk to the vet and will add more information after I have but sounding positive :)

Good news and :crossfingers: that he continues to improve with no set backs :)

He is staying at the vets for another couple of weeks as we are going on holidays and had booked the dogs into boarding while we are away - given what has happened with Earl we made the choice to board him at the vets for the 2 weeks. Luckily the vet offers boarding becuase we were thinking at one stage that one of us would have to stay home with him while the other took the kids to Queensland. We would have done that if we had to but given the vets is staffed 24 / 7 he will be in the best place.

Hopefully by the time we come home he will be fully recovered and back to his old self.

I'm glad it sounds like Earl is going to be okay. :)

I'm not sure that I could leave Justice after such major surgery. He's very sooky and wants to be near me when he's not well. I don't think he'd be at all happy being boarded on his own instead of recovering in his own home. I realise of course that not all dogs are like that when they're sick. Does your vet have someone who will be staying there overnight in case something goes wrong?

The vet is staffed 24 hours as it is the local emergency vet.

This is a family holiday that we have planned for a year and I know he is in good hands there - we did agonise over the decision and if the vet hadn't offered to board him then one of us would have stayed at home but if we were not on holidays from work then he would be at home without us for a fair bit of time.

Katie, I wouldn't feel guilty. If you cancelled the holiday, you would STILL be feeling guilty because you would let the kids down. Earl will be fine, his vet is wonderful and I am 5 minutes from him if they need me.

Have a good holiday - you need it more than ever after this!!!

ETA - as much as I adore my dogs, I would do the same thing. When you have kids, you have to weigh both options up. And the kids and you and OH deserve this break!

Edited by Ker

Katie, I wouldn't feel guilty. If you cancelled the holiday, you would STILL be feeling guilty because you would let the kids down. Earl will be fine, his vet is wonderful and I am 5 minutes from him if they need me.

Have a good holiday - you need it more than ever after this!!!

It has been hell for the last couple of days - thank you for the offer too :)

Great news - earl is doing really well and we can confidently say he is out of the woods and on his way to making a full recovery - thank you all so much for your good vibes and support - you are fantastic

ETA - Earl is home - with his cone of shame - lying on his back on the floor looking for a tummy rub - I can't believe how much better he looks than when I saw him yesterday :) He will stay home till tomorrow night and then we will drop him back off for boarding - we are absolutely rapt to have the big boy home where he belongs - and hopefully for many years to come!!

Edited by KelpieHoundMum