Please Send Earl Healing Thoughts

MsKatie

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update - just spoke to the vet - he hadn't eaten anything he shouldn't - the blood vessel has just twisted - he is out of surgery and on strong pain killers and antibiotics - he has been flushed out and has had 80 cm of his intestine removed. The next 24 - 48 hours are critical and by Friday we will know if he is through the woods - the risk now is peritonitis.

Have just spoken to the kids - hard thing to do but they needed to know - so keep your fingers crossed and thank you for all of your thoguhts - they help a lot.

So glad he made it through the surgery!

So there was no obstruction? Do they know why the blood vessel twisted?

My girl actually had peritonitis and pulled through, so I hope Earl's recovery is just as smooth and quick.

:grouphug: to you guys, such a stressful time.

So glad he made it through the surgery!

So there was no obstruction? Do they know why the blood vessel twisted?

My girl actually had peritonitis and pulled through, so I hope Earl's recovery is just as smooth and quick.

:grouphug: to you guys, such a stressful time.

Apparently it was something to do with the fact he has scar tissue from his previous operations (the 4 ones from eating riverstones :( ) WIll know more after I have seen the vet in a couple of hours - I want to wait until Earl is a bit more awake before I go there (and also until I have a better chance of holding it all together)

I read about Mindy and that is something that gives me hope that Earl will pull through