Take That Whippets

ruthless

Ok, so as much as I love this ad, I have to correct a misconception, an untruth, about whippets, so at great personl risk to myself, but more importantly, my beloved camera, here are the facts. :laugh:

Whippets, especially some whippets, love water and mud. I suppose that's why my Tag would've failed the audition to be in this ad. Cue the slow mo music.

6287707789_6efbf6be92_z.jpg

take that Ruthless, here's a raspberry just for you!

6288228834_e17189f27b_z.jpg

6287710441_fb5fa031c4_z.jpg

6287704913_47d249cffe_z.jpg

6288226124_7dc7d06c98_z.jpg

The Grand Finale, my courage left me here and I lifted my camera but I got sprayed with mud.

6287711887_0621095b70_z.jpg

The aftermath. You could've scraped it off with a knife.

6288237358_d8ced0282a_b.jpg

the ad is hysterical and beautiful --- i had a smile a mile wide across my face from start to finish; thank you ruthless...

i absolutely adore both breeds so it didn't matter which of them stood tallest at the end :)

i had the pleasure of spending some time with a pair of rescued whippets a week or so ago and well, kirislin, the photos of tag are just a pleasure to behold. and the last photo? omg! thank you also :)

my two dogs are my absolute favourites in the whole wide world, and even tho i love most dogs, there's a really special place in my heart for staffs and whippets; and iggies too...

i like this thread fleursf3zb.gif

Gorgeous ad... the grin on the Staffy's face was a classic!

My Labrador used to play with 4 whippets at a large dog park - she would regularly outrun them too. She had way more stamina than they did - she could run all day...

Love the photos of Tag too... he's gorgeous!

T.

I love the first shot...all the whippies looking like they're getting pumped up to run, then the staffy with it's stoopid grin thinking "heheh...stuff....cool" :laugh:

My previouis BC boy was pretty fast - used to love doing zoomies with agility friends - and leading the pack. Running with them one day, proudly in the lead, and the Whippet decided he'd had enough of playing second fiddle, and put on the turbo chargers and left poor Fergus almost standing in his wake - wondering what the heck just happened :rofl: