How Have Your Dogs Embarrassed You

DobieMum

Reading the Coolie story and reading tales about coppers, reminded me of a dog we had years ago. Me, my hubby (he was driving) and our 2 dogs were driving home from obedience training. Now one of our boys had a bad flatulence (sp) problem :o , so driving home it was windows down, windows up. Come round a corner is a female copper flagging us down for a RBT. Just as we pull up, dog lets one rip. Now we're talking the old wind down windows here so can take a few seconds. So my hubby winds down his window and shoves his head out, to get a breath of fresh air. Unfortunatly this female copper was on the short side and right where my hubby is putting his head is her...... :eek: Female copper steps back, REAL quick and has this look across her face that says my hubby isn't coming home tonight. So there's both me and my hubby (eye's watering) trying to explain. Luckily for us her face very quickly changed, to I don't know what, the smell had drifted. She burst into laughter, told us if we could put up with that, we obviously weren't drunk and sent us on our way. :rofl:

What has your dog done to embarrass you?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: :rofl:

A couple of weekends ago I let Poppy off lead in the off lead section of the park. She flew across the park squealing hysterically and launched herself into the middle of a family picnic! She went and sat right in the middle of their rug! And she was wet. I was so embarrassed :o

Many years ago my ex and i were travelling in the car with our young Daschund ... he was in the back seat and i started hearing this strange noise so i turned to look to see what mischief he was up to, anyway he was um having a good time :o so we stopped the car and let him out and at that moment someone walked past and asked if our dog was ok as he was still humping and he relieved himself right at that moment! :eek: i nearly died of embarrassment... being inexperienced and being a first dog owner we should have kept driving and left him to it :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

A couple of weekends ago I let Poppy off lead in the off lead section of the park. She flew across the park squealing hysterically and launched herself into the middle of a family picnic! She went and sat right in the middle of their rug! And she was wet. I was so embarrassed :o

:rofl::rofl:

I had some awesome visuals there thinking of the looks on the families faces!!

My Mitchell once ran onto an oval and grabbed a cricket ball ...........which was in play ;)

Kieran , on a couple of occasions took a lick at icecreams ..... being clutched in sticky toddler fists ...in pushers :o

Kieran also once very gently took a lady's hand in his mouth as we were walking in a crowded mall ..he often used to walk with us in this way .... (he was a staghound - very tall!) The poor lady ..lucky she didn't freak out :o She thought it was very sweet .........

I'm generally proud of my dogs out in public, but I do find it embarrassing when Obi is reactive on walks. We've worked on it a lot and most of the time he's good, but once in a while he reacts and people look at us and I can just see they're thinking stuff about small dogs and/or JRT's. I take pride in my dogs' training, so I find that quite embarrassing.

Don't know if I've told this story before but my OH had an Amstaff back home in Ireland that ate a sock....embarrassing part was when he decided to...errr... get rid of it in the park, right in front of a bunch of people enjoying a picnic....

Extra embarrassing was when he couldn't get it out and looked to OH for some help...he had to put his foot on one end so the dog could walk forward and get the rest out lol

Fuzzy, Mosley is the same, he wants to be friends with everyone and everything and can get very excited round other dogs....it's just a tad embarrassing having a huge gangly dog squealing out of excitement and trying to jump out of his harness....were working on his reactions....still....

when Penny was quite young she found an enormous, ahem, I'll call it sex toy at the park, very realistic it was too, apart from the size, surely no one is really that big.

She grabbed it and ran around and around doing that gleeful buckjumping you see some dogs do and shaking it vigorously from side to side. It was going thwack thwack thwack on her ribs as she shook it.

Then she lay down, placed her paws on it to hold it still and started pulling at the "skin". Just then a man walked past and saw what she was doing. I was horrified and very quickly claimed innocence. 'It's not mine!' I say. All he said was "that looks painful" and kept walking.

I took Mason to the river one day it was pretty quiet, a friend ad her lab there too, car pulls up, lady gets out ( fighting with hubby) and goes and sits on the riverbank ..... 2 wet labs go lick her and get water all over her.... She wasn't impressed and threw a fit in some weird language

Don't know if I've told this story before but my OH had an Amstaff back home in Ireland that ate a sock....embarrassing part was when he decided to...errr... get rid of it in the park, right in front of a bunch of people enjoying a picnic....

Extra embarrassing was when he couldn't get it out and looked to OH for some help...he had to put his foot on one end so the dog could walk forward and get the rest out lol

This thread has made me lol, especially the first story...

This particular post however reminded me of a most embarrassing incident. My dog unfortunately likes to eat my hair if he can find it. Well you can probably see where this is going... Unfortunately this resulted in a bit um, how to put this eloquently... getting stuck. Poor poochy was most distressed and was trying to spin around to see it but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't 'dislodge' it. So we grabbed a doggy bag and had to pull it out - it went on for longer than expected but Sammy seemed very grateful once it was done. The truly amazing part for me though was that some of the onlookers were surprised that we had helped him, they remarked that had it been their dog, it would have been the dog's problem. It was not a fun task but there was no way I could leave poor Sammy in that state.

Not my dog at the time but my ex's.We were on his boat and the MSB pulled up along side of us doing random checks on safety equipment as they do and this time it was lifejackets.As my ex busy grabbing them Tiger was standing right up on the side of the boat madly wagging his tail.The lady officer leaned over and said what a lovely dog when all of a sudden he did the loudest fart I've ever heard a dog do!My ex stood up with the lifejackets and said looking at me "sorry about that he gets that from his mother".The MSB took off and they were both laughing so hard.I don't know it it was the fart or me smacking my ex over the head with a lifejacket. :o

when Penny was quite young she found an enormous, ahem, I'll call it sex toy at the park, very realistic it was too, apart from the size, surely no one is really that big.

She grabbed it and ran around and around doing that gleeful buckjumping you see some dogs do and shaking it vigorously from side to side. It was going thwack thwack thwack on her ribs as she shook it.

Then she lay down, placed her paws on it to hold it still and started pulling at the "skin". Just then a man walked past and saw what she was doing. I was horrified and very quickly claimed innocence. 'It's not mine!' I say. All he said was "that looks painful" and kept walking.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Nice one Penny!!!

Only time I've been embarrassed was by my Afghan Hound. He knows beeping the car horn draws attention.

Everytime I'd pop into a shop for a minute, he'd jump over into the front seat, and start beeping. First with beep, beep. Then a beep beep beeeeep. Then eventually he'd graduate to just "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" :o

People in the shops all got to know him. It's not everday one sees an Afghan Hound in the drivers seat with both front feet on the steering wheel.

Oh my god! This kind of stuff actually happens? :laugh: It sounds like the stuff of movies!

My first dog, a male BC weed on a ladies back at the beach....dog no 2 a beautiful lab used to stick her nose in everyones crutch. This was really embarrassing when i was talking to tradies etc who had come to our house when we were renovating.

My current dog a 12 month old lab embarrasses me every Tuesday night at our obedience class when she repeatedly get the end of the lead in her mouth and drags me all over the oval! :o

Guest english.ivy

Going on a date with this guy and his Lab to the river. I only had Ivy at the time and Ivy hasn't really been in the river. All was good until her stomach couldn't handle the river water and had the squirts, big time.