2012 Training Goals

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really sucks WA, hope you get a certificate from somewhere!

Kokoda:

~ Complete crate games

~ Get him to loose lead walk ALL the time, not just when he feels like it

~ Teach him to tug in high distraction environments

~ Get his recall to 95% or higher success rate

~ Get more drive

( Just joined agility club so..)

~ Complete and Pass elementary course

~ Progress to next course

~ Hopefully teach 2 x 2 weave method (have the dvd ready)

But mainly just have fun with everything

Me:

~ Be more fun

~ Be more patient

~ Stress Less

Hopefully most of these will work out for us.

That sucks WA! I trained and competed while pregnant. Near the end when I was too big to do much running I practiced things where I could be stationary - so weave entries or end contact position, one jump exercises.

So I'm a bit scared but I'm thinking I will put something up to keep me accountable and motivated!

Showing: I need 8 points for Kesari's CH title. Title Shiro and POSSIBLY (wink.gif) one other..!

Tracking: I want at least TD with Kesari by the end of the year, start the basic work with Shiro and my +1

Agility: Just get into it! This will be a Kesari only for now.

Herding: I want to give this a red hot go and be in the trialling ring by the end of the year with at least one dog if not... 2 or 3? !!! Haha!

On the down low I would also LOVE to look into the Obedience ring but I'm slightly intimidated by it!

I don't know about anyone else but my biggest hurdle in every avenue is getting over being shy and intimidated, and just give it all a good go. Positions are vacant for motivational training partners in my area enquire within! rofl1.gif

Hi Saffioraire, dont be intimidated with Obedience :D which suberb do you live in (PM me ) Obedience training is no 1 in our house, happy to help & train as I am about to sit instructors test at the club I am with :laugh: just remember to have fun with your furkid

• 4 months later...

Ruby

- A UD pass :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

- RN title

- JDM title

- Be ADX ready at some point

- SPD / SD / GD titles

- Enter some retrieving trials and she brings me at least 1 bird back! Might have to save the QND title for another year, or a future dog!

Millie

- RN title

- JDX title

- ADX title

- SPD / SD / GD titles

- Be UD ready at some point

All this is dependent on how many trials I actually make it to. I plan on focusing on the retrieving mainly during winter so might not make it to many obedience/agility trials. So those titles/passes are really stretching it! laugh.gif

Reviewing my goals!

RN and SPD titles for both, check!

Ruby is semi-retired from agility. Might bring her out for the evening trials at the end of the year, but for the most part, she won't be competing much at all in agility. So I'm scrapping all agility related titles from my goals (she did do 1 ADX trial and came 1st in 500).

I'm still aiming for a UD pass, but not sure if we'll get it. We've only done a couple of UD trials this year.

Retrieving has surpassed my expectations! My girl has 2 finishes after 4 trials, so another 3 to go for her QND title. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment if she doesn't complete another 3 this season, so the QND is more on the wishlist than the goal list! :) We have a lot of work to do still in this area so this season is more about learning for the both of us and getting some experience.

Millie, dear Millie. Taking a bit of a break in trialling her. She has had some awesome rounds but is losing the plot a bit in both obedience and agility, so I will just keep training and trial on the odd occasion. She only needs 1 more pass for her JDX. Not sure how many agility trials I'll get to this year - might wait til the end of the year for her as well when we are back to night time trialling.

• 4 weeks later...

our goals for 2012 they arnt much but with handling 3 dogs at different levels of learning, it is fun :laugh:

Malika :: ET, CCD, CD

Orlando :: CD ( thats if we loose the last trial this year), yes it is CD for 2012 possible CDX

Sarge :: CCD, CD might be lucky for CDX, he is a quick learner

Dodger :: JD, AD,

my daughter handles Dodger & she is doing Agility with him

Somehow we will fit it in I think :confused: in the midst of Stewarding at a few Obed / Agility trials that we have already been booked for next year :laugh:

Ok MALIKA has her ET :thumbsup: :thumbsup: at Altona on the 23/6/12

2012 Wish list

wow cant believe we are making the list for 2012 it just feels like we just did 2011.

Xena To have another wonderful healthy 12 months and to still be around for the 2013 wish list.

Gabby Agility: To be more consistent being healthy and to enjoy her work. Gaining her SDM and her SPDM titles

Obedience: To get the big title UDX and just to be quite confident her Grand Champion

Inka Agility: To listen and doing her contact to be healthy and enjoying her work.

Obedience: To be consistent in her work like to be able to do drop stays to be able to do the articles and not her version and drops and not the ones that you keep your bum up into the air

Well thought I might update this

XENA: She is still fit and healthy and running around will be 14 by christmas

GABBY: She is healthy and being consistent as much as she can be

(should actually do more training but.....life does get in the way)

done well at the Nationals got in 3 finals and represented SA in the team event

Got a few passes towards the SDM and SPDM titles

Got her UDX title

Now onto Grand Champion

INKA: Well Agility doing great getting her contacts and been getting lots of qualies

Done well at the Nationals - one finals Represented SA in the team event

Obedience well not so good having a break from trialling but still training for the

UDX

Me: Forgot to add got to get myself fitter :o

Over half way through the year, guess I'll review these :)

Jess:

- regain a solid startline stay

- improve on distance

- consistent 2o2o contacts

- better weave entries

- do some more herding

- flyball? (I've put that on my list the past two years, still don't see it happening though)

^ all this stuff is sorta half way there, it's all improved but still not to the standard I'm aiming for! except flyball & herding, I have no time!

titles

- JDX

- ADX (just one more Q!)

- GD

- SD

+ Q's towards

-ADO

-JDO

-JDM

-ADM

-SPD

haven't entered any opens this year so far, nor attempted pairs - there's still time :laugh:.

Yep, aiming high! :laugh:

As for me, I hope to improve on my handling and be more consistent!

Tess

Aust Champion conformation title (we got some points in 2011) Half way there!

HSAs (or at least 1 pass towards it) First trial this weekend, very confident she will get this title this year. Introduced Intermediate work now.

Start cattle work in prep for HSAc Cows are there but its finding the time

CCD Tick, did that in February

CD Just need to enter some trials...first 2 on list are so time consuming!

For the 2nd half of the year when she turns 18 months and can compete

AD 18 months old last week, just need to perfect the weavers.

JD Entered and hopeful

Start serious tracking work, if I can fit it in around herding Ha! no time

Zac (he is 4 months old now...lol)

HT Very excited about this dog, doing his HIC this weekend, HT by end of August

Maybe PT Maybe, he learns so fast and has so much drive for the task. I wont be surprised at all

Be ready for CCD I will trial him by the end of the year.

I might add Aust Champion conformation title - he got over 30 points in his first 3 weeks, then has had an injury. He will be back in August,so if he picks up where he left off....

:D Bring on 2012!

I had a quick go at Rally O and that was fun. If I can schedule it in :o Tess and I will enter.

I'll update mine since we're at the halfway point!

KYZER

JDM Quallies, ADX Title [should be doable - needs two more passes I think

Start training more distance work and maybe directionals and try for

JDO Qs, ADO Qs

But ultimately this comes down to working on our bond / working relationship / and his attitude, I am seeing good improvement lately but we shall see in the new year. This is my biggest goal - to build his confidence and desire to work with me in the ring, that is the most important!

In terms of training I would like to improve:

Getting him to play with me more

Getting him to read my body cues properly, not go where he feels like going

Get him more relaxed / less nervous at trials

Getting his contacts to improve - might even retrain them

Get him more confident in places other than K9

Kyzer is temporarily retired from agility, he isn't living with me at the moment due to relationship breakup, but when I get him back I hope to improve his general outlook on life and trial him again

TRIXIE

JDX Title [should be doable] Was totally doable! In fact we got it at the Nationals with a pass to spare

AD Title [One pass to go], Got it, woo ADX Title [should be doable also - in theory] Got two passes, three to go

GD Title [two passes to go], Give SD a go and also maybe SPD Got one pass to go for SD now

Start working on distance and try for

JDO Title, ADO title, should be a bit difficult for the velcro baby dog Haven't really done much - hoping to get into it this half of the year

Hopefully take her to Agility Nationals and have fun with her if nothing else Took her to nationals, not only did we have a blast and get into both finals but she also came first in her JDX final making her the JDX 400 NATIONAL CHAMPION :cheer::champagne:

RN title If we get enough Rally trials in Perth? And if I train the stations :laugh: Hmmm not yet lol

ET title - aiming for September but life may get in the way as per usual :laugh: This one isn't looking great lol

Continue nurturing our awesome relationship to get the best out of her and I - this is the biggest one - don't let my girlie down! Yep we're doing pretty good with this one

In terms of training I would like to improve:

Her weavers - hopefully she will sort out her footwork and speed up Weavers much better and faster

Increasing distance and perhaps some directionals, get her to turn away from me

increase her speed going into tunnels, and onto contacts

Getting her to play with me at training and trials more

Get her confident in places other than K9 - maybe join ADAA to help with this

Have travelled all over the place for trials this year, she's becoming an old hand and her confidence is improving a lot

Since everyone else is updating too

Esky

* Responding to turn commands after only 1 cue Yes, brilliantly! Almost too well

* Winning a 1 dog or 1 dog touring race Yes by default ( only myself entered)

* Qualify as a Delta Therapy dog ( yeah I'm dreaming )

* ET Not up to scratch this year, on next years list

our goals for 2012 they arnt much but with handling 3 dogs at different levels of learning, it is fun :laugh:

Malika :: ET, CCD, CD

Orlando :: CD ( thats if we loose the last trial this year), yes it is CD for 2012 possible CDX

Sarge :: CCD, CD might be lucky for CDX, he is a quick learner

Dodger :: JD, AD,

my daughter handles Dodger & she is doing Agility with him

Somehow we will fit it in I think :confused: in the midst of Stewarding at a few Obed / Agility trials that we have already been booked for next year :laugh:

Ok MALIKA has her ET :thumbsup: :thumbsup: at Altona on the 23/6/12

Our goals have been extended to, Darcie is our new Whippet girl,

Orlando RN , after he gets his CD

Malika RN

Sarge RN

Dodger RN

Darcie RN

Kaos

* To be able to tug out of the yard (maybe even at training/trials!)

* To improve our contact performance

* To have good focus and have him not run out of the ring

*JDX title

*GD title

* a couple of ADX passes

*JDO pass

*ADO pass

Updating mine:

We have gotten GD and JDX title :thumbsup: and one JDO and one JDM pass.

Tugging is improving, not reliable out of yard yet though

Contacts - work in progress

He has only run out of the ring once (of course it was at the Nationals :o )

So doing well!

I want to finally just GET my own puppy and start any training with it, been a looong time coming!

Well, have done this! Elsie has started agility, rally, tracking and obedience training!

Our goals for the rest of this year

- Win out of special beginners obedience at Nationals!!!

- Train scent before October and enter CD at Nationals

- RN by the end of the year would be nice

- CGC by the end of the year

Toby

-Work towards better heeling, building motivation and keeping focus without rewards. Getting much better thankfully! Learning more about games to motivate focus and build motivation. He is quite happy to work without rewards.

-Get rock solid stays and stands. Getting there... but improved

-Would love to get a pass in CCD and maybe even title? I've decided that this is not going to happen.. too nervous for stays

-If Rally comes in get his RN title would be nice. One pass already :cheer: Definitely more to come :)

-Keep playing with agility in the back yard since he is enjoying it, finish teaching him to weave! Still playing agility and he is still loving it! Will teach him to weave when Zora learns.

-Most importantly build enough reinforcement history and motivation on Toby that I can turn a "shut down" moment around and work through it. I managed to do this at his first Rally trial! Well he was't completely shut down but was damn close and we worked through it to get a pass :D

Zora

-Finish Zora's conformation title, work on those free stacks and teach her to gait properly - not prancy heel work in the show ring. Zora is now a Champion!! She gaits wonderfully but has decided that she would rather be doing other things and has lost some enthusiasm

-Keep working on our obedience, heeling duration, positions, finishes. I would like to be able to enter her in Rally towards the end of the year hopefully RN title. We are on track to enter Rally, she is such a wonderful worker - I am hoping to have a really high standard of work with her and I am aiming for high scores with that title :p

-Teach Zora a formal retrieve, 'woah' and work on her in the field. Compete in a Field trial only if numbers are needed, if not just spend this season getting her ready and confidant for next year. Zora has been out in the field a bit this year, she is too confident out there :laugh: Much more work needed here but haven't been completely slack

-Keep training in agility and working on my homework from class! A bit behind here after Zora's season but we are soldering on and have some very firm foundations in agility. Not rushing to start her on equipment, she is only a baby.

Edited by RallyValley

Guest Panzer Attack!

Almost half-yearly update! Already doing better than last year haha.

SCOOTER

- Do a neuter show, at least one! - this is in progress! If all else fails his beautiful breeder is going to show him for me lol.

- Finally kick the toilet training in the nuts... we're 90% there now!

- Teach him 100 different tricks/things - Ah geez this was slightly ambitious!

- Get him recalling as soon as he hears his word (he's about 60% right now) - Getting closer!

- Sign him up to agility! And hopefully get him past beginners!! - need to keep going tho! But he's amazing thus far.

- Finish Crate Games

- Get his food and tug drive perfect - We are now doing awesome, just need to up his distraction levels!

- Enroll in obed and finish beginners - Have enrolled... would like to stop being sick so I can actually attend...

- Prepare for ET 2013 - Started today!

- Prep for hospital visits - Er...

TUCKER

- Get him back to loose lead walking - this is so effing hard considering he lives with the ex most of the time...

- Get a really reliable recall - ... and he keeps screwing up all my hard work!! FOJSOFJODJAODJA

- Teach him clicker training

- Finish Crate Games

- Build toy/ball drive as he's never shown any interest

- Get him enrolled in obed and finish beginners - probs just gonna get his CD on my own TBH

ME

- STRESS LESS! - somehow this is actually happening?!

- Start my Delta course :) - YEY 4 ME

- Learn more and more about dog behaviour and get more involved in the dog and rescue and training worlds - not satisfied yet

- Prepare for ET 2013 (I've either got to learn to ride a bike or run it, so this will be interesting!) - lol started todayyy

... so far so good!

Hope to get through the year with some consistency and no injures (me) plus

Coco - that last UD leg and maybe an OC leg

tracking training and maybe TD

Pip - RN and maybe RA

tracking training if I dont prove too incompetent...

Well so far so good

Coco has both her UD and TD, the training in tracking continues for another couple of months so not sure about an OC leg,

Pip got her RN and has retired back to the couch as her social butterfly tendencies have not decreased with age :) so no RA for her.

So I'm going to say a good year so far !

I really enjoy having goals. I am looking forward to 2012, getting back into agility after having a break for severl years.

DYZNEY

Realistic

- N. Ch. Title TICK

- JDX Title (already has 4 passes) TICK

- HSBs Title

- RN Title

Possible, Time permitting - added bonus

- HSAd Title

- CDX Title

- TD Title (already has one pass)

- SPDX Title (already has one pass)

Overall - endeavour to maintain and preserve Dyzney's young and vibrant outlook and attitude towards life. Keep her well and as pain free as possible. TICK

FAME

Realistic

- AD Title ONE PASS

- JD Title TICK

- SPD Title CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR PARTNER

- HSAs Title CURRENTLY TRAINING TOWARDS

- CCD Title (already have one pass)

- Minimum 3 V ratings (if possible) CURRENTLY HAVE 5 V RATINGS

Possible, Time permitting - added bonus

- ADX Title

- JDX Title

- TD Title

- RN Title

- ET Title (think she may be in season for the only one trial she can enter next year because of her age, so may have to leave this one until 2013)

Overall - Continue building Fame's drive and confidence.

I am always very satisfied with 3 titles per dog per year if I am working multiple dogs.

JAG

OH is now doing all the training and trialling with Jag, so this will all be entirely up to him. I believe he wants to get Jag's HT Title (TICK) and do some Tracking and Rally.

Well, a good time to do a check on goals after the first 6 months has just about passed.

Looking through my above list, I have ticked off several of the goals, which is awesome. I am really thrilled with how my girls are going.

We got a new puppy in April, so this held some of the other goals back a tad, but all good.

New puppy "Seven" is a ripper and has already been to two local all breeds shows and one interstate specialty.

All in all I would say this year has been a great year so far. With the extra puppy I doubt we will even touch on our possible bonus list, but that's OK.

Edited by dyzney