Katherine Heigl Hates Balls

AmaCam+Digby

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt see it on the morning show... more of a "the circle" girl myself (when I'm ever at home at that time :S ), came across it in a youtube-vortex,

I really like it too.. its more of a light way to get the message across, especially at this time of year....

I guess I'm the only one then who found the whole thing slightly disturbing - especially the part at the end where she hands him his 'parts' in a jar... I love Katherine Heigl and am pro most people desexing their dogs, but this commercial doesn't do it for me, I just found it weird and yeah, disturbing.

I'm also not sure that I agree with the line of argument. Everyone knows there are too many animals bred, but they still breed. So lets make them feel like balls are ugly, and then they'll desex to make their dogs more attractive to society. Well, what about all the people who think a long tail on a dog is ugly? If you find a part ugly on a dog or human or anything really, you don't just cut it off...

I get that it's meant to be a joke. Hopefully it works I guess. Or better yet, hopefully next time a big name movie star will spend 2 minutes talking about responsible pet selection, maintenance, training, care and the responsibility, time, money and effort associated and we can focus on treating the cause of the problem rather than the symptoms.

I guess I'm the only one then who found the whole thing slightly disturbing - especially the part at the end where she hands him his 'parts' in a jar... I love Katherine Heigl and am pro most people desexing their dogs, but this commercial doesn't do it for me, I just found it weird and yeah, disturbing.

I'm also not sure that I agree with the line of argument. Everyone knows there are too many animals bred, but they still breed. So lets make them feel like balls are ugly, and then they'll desex to make their dogs more attractive to society. Well, what about all the people who think a long tail on a dog is ugly? If you find a part ugly on a dog or human or anything really, you don't just cut it off...

I get that it's meant to be a joke. Hopefully it works I guess. Or better yet, hopefully next time a big name movie star will spend 2 minutes talking about responsible pet selection, maintenance, training, care and the responsibility, time, money and effort associated and we can focus on treating the cause of the problem rather than the symptoms.

I agree, whilst it was funny, and it was entertaining - it didn't seem to address the real issues as to why desexing your dog is important. It did appear to just focus on the unattractiveness of the 'balls'.

This angle has the potential to work - the amount of people who hang on to the words of celebrities because it's 'fashionable'. However the repercussions may indeed be that people stupidly thinking it's ok to 'chop off' any other perceivable 'ugly' part.

Katherine Heigl cracks me up though. She's great a keeping a straight face throughout! I wonder how many takes it took to shoot this piece perfectly :laugh:

I agree, whilst it was funny, and it was entertaining - it didn't seem to address the real issues as to why desexing your dog is important. It did appear to just focus on the unattractiveness of the 'balls'.

This angle has the potential to work - the amount of people who hang on to the words of celebrities because it's 'fashionable'. However the repercussions may indeed be that people stupidly thinking it's ok to 'chop off' any other perceivable 'ugly' part.

Katherine Heigl cracks me up though. She's great a keeping a straight face throughout! I wonder how many takes it took to shoot this piece perfectly :laugh:

+1

Too many overtones of cartoon man-hating feminism for me. I doubt this did much other than tittilate. The propped up boobs over cutting off balls grossed me out.

Hilarious, and makes its point. Even if only a couple people listen and desex due to the humor and the message coming from a celebrity then it has served a good purpose. Sometimes I think people need to enjoy the funny side of things and stop analyzing everything to death.

It's a "funny or die" skit, nit an ad so I do t know what some people are getting so upset about.

I wouldn't say I'm getting upset over it or anything, just didn't find it particularly enjoyable to watch and I found myself cringing a few times. Can you imagine the whole thing reversed? A man holds a woman's ovaries in a jar, while she begs him to borrow them for a night? The whole thing was just a bit weird for me. But doesn't change that I love Katherine Heigl and I can see what they're trying to do. It's just I feel like we've spent the last 10+ years trying to tell people it's not ok to modify their dogs for aethestic reasons...