What Is The Most Popular Colour In Your Breed?

Esky the husky

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havn't seen a really nice golden GR for a long time, they all seem really pale, almost white, i much prefer the deeper colour. :(

Fav bully colour atm seems to be reds, i don't like them ,bullys are white to me ;)

I like dallys heavily spotted too, but really like the liver.

I think blue seems to be the most popular in rescue greyhounds.When I was with a rescue group the blue's were the most sought after.I have a blue boy(foster failure not for his colour)and a white girl.When I walk them everyone comments on my boy and my girl rarely gets a look in. :( .I personally love the brindles so many variations in the brindles.

When we first got Indy we only wanted wolf grey and white as it was what we had in our heads when it came to Alaskan Malamutes. These days I love the black and whites and the red and whites just as much and wouldn't really care about the colour of any future dogs we get.

Guest english.ivy

Belgian Shepherds, you only get a colour choice in Tervs - tan or grey. Greys are my personal fav in Tervs. But you can never go past a Groenendael :) Black only!

English Pointers, no idea but I LOVE the liver and whites the best, followed by black and white. When out and about we see mainly liver or black. My mum has a lemon and white.

I havn't seen a really nice golden GR for a long time, they all seem really pale, almost white, i much prefer the deeper colour. :(

Fav bully colour atm seems to be reds, i don't like them ,bullys are white to me ;)

I like dallys heavily spotted too, but really like the liver.

I got one :D

lol creams to the point of almost white were until very recently were the fave in goldies, My youngest has the stanroph lines in her father's side making her very pale, which as she grows seems to getting offset by her mothers favored colored gold lines

I prefer mid gold but I love my boys coloring everyone who knows I maybe breeding from my boy and may like a pup in the future want one like his color.

post-40436-0-72564800-1323224137_thumb.jpg

post-40436-0-17849000-1323224405_thumb.jpg

Italian greyhounds - def blue. Blue blue and more blue. Tho ppl are starting to want black or seal. I would LOVE a true black, but they arent easy to breed.

Goldens - mid gold I would have to say is the fav. My personal fav is a mid gold on top with cream underneath, looks very striking.

ETA My golden bitch also has Stanroph lines behind her so is a very light gold colour. I wouldnt want a dog any lighter in colour than she is. I dont like the very dark dogs from the american lines either though.

Edited by indigirl

He looks lovely :thumbsup: after all they aren't called cream retrievers :)

my boy is very light but my girl is a beautiful golden. She was bred to be a showdog but unfortunately (but fortunately for me) she has far too much white on her. I asked a golden retreiver breeder/shower why most of the goldens are so light these days and she said, most likely referring to a show dog, that the darker goldens just don't have the necessary conformation and it's hard to find a good one for the show ring. I know that there are a couple at our local shows but only a couple.

White for Bichons. :rofl:

The most common colour in Min Pins I've seen is black and tan. Although having said that, I've hardly seen any other MP owners in the 9+ years we've had Mischa. :( My favourite is stag red, obviously, though our other Pin is b+t. I don't mind the blue and tan, either.

GR - Apollo had a 9 carat gold colour to his coat, yellow gold if you will.

A lot of people I know prefer the much darker colour - mahogany/red gold of the retriever, my mum and I however prefer the gold of Apollo. It will be interesting to see what colour Artemas will be, his father, Clancy (Fairdinkum) is quite pale whilst his mother Emma (Pride of Place) is (in my mind) quite dark, so not sure what colour he will come out as :)

Amongst breed enthusiasts I would say the most popular colour is black and white, though I know a lot of people who love chocolate. Unfortunately though the 'rare colour bug' has hit our breed in a big way, so there are all kinds of breeders breeding 'rare' colours - merles and tris of all descriptions - and charging an absolute arm and a leg for them.

He looks lovely :thumbsup: after all they aren't called cream retrievers :)

No they aren't but that was their original colour. The first known Golden Retrievers were cream to a light biscuit colour. You will find most of the English dogs are much paler. The American lines are very dark but there is a fine line between dark gold and Mahogany and red, which is a fault.

I love these photos which show the colour range of the Golden Retriever. Edit to add, the ones on either end are a fault.

coulcan.jpg

In this photo it shows a Samoyed on one end and a Irish Setter on the other. It shows what is acceptable in the middle.

couland.jpg

Edited by Crazy Daisy