What Is The Most Popular Colour In Your Breed?

Esky the husky

Staffords - definitely the "rare blue" - but I think the "rare blue pied" is catching up rapidly.

Amongst people that actually know the breed I would say a true rich mahogany brindle is much admired, and MUCH rarer than the rare blue :o

Yeah cos they're extra spethal! :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think that papillons have a 'colour craze', though in saying that a couple of my litter enquiries were for red and white.

I personally don't have a preferred colour, however the one I'm not such a fan of is the light red/lemon colour.

Having been researching the breed as an option for my next dog, I really, really love the black and white and a rich sable and white. Oh so beautiful. But I'd take any pap if it were the right dog for me. I am lucky that I don't have a colour that I dislike.

Bullmastiffs only come in 3 colours. Fawn Brindle and Red. Reds and Fawns are most popular, brindles arent as common. Not too many brindles are shown either, It is harder to win with a brindle. I personally dont have a favourite, I have reds and fawns but love a nice deep rich brindle, and fingers crossed I'll get one in my litter next year!

I don't really think that papillons have a 'colour craze', though in saying that a couple of my litter enquiries were for red and white.

I personally don't have a preferred colour, however the one I'm not such a fan of is the light red/lemon colour.

Having been researching the breed as an option for my next dog, I really, really love the black and white and a rich sable and white. Oh so beautiful. But I'd take any pap if it were the right dog for me. I am lucky that I don't have a colour that I dislike.

Black and whites seem to be the best known. At the dog park I always get suprise that Tonka is pure because he is red sable and white, and people often say that they onlu thought they came in black and white.

Observing regarding poodles of all three sizes black seems the most popular/common.

Not sure with Aussie Terriers. My preference is blue and tan and I'm guessing it's the more popular colour as there are more around.

Beagles I prefer tri colours!

About 90% of my puppy enquirees are from people looking for a Blue & Tan puppy...so I would say Blue & Tan are more popular atm, although I think the Sandy/red Aussies are just gorgeous too. :)

Edited by Baileys mum

Crazy daisy

I love your color comparison with the Samoyed and irish setter on either side of the goldens. It amazes me that white is a fault yet they are champions cause thier owner can find a couple of creamy gold hairs on them :rofl:

Crazy daisy

I love your color comparison with the Samoyed and irish setter on either side of the goldens. It amazes me that white is a fault yet they are champions cause thier owner can find a couple of creamy gold hairs on them :rofl:

And thanks Juiced we think he is beautiful too.

Not sure with Aussie Terriers. My preference is blue and tan and I'm guessing it's the more popular colour as there are more around.

Beagles I prefer tri colours!

About 90% of my puppy enquirees are from people looking for a Blue & Tan puppy...so I would say Blue & Tan are more popular atm, although I think the Sandy/red Aussies are just gorgeous too. :)

I didn't know they came in anything other than blue and tan :o

Do you have any pics of the other colours?

Before I got Earl I didn't know Bloodhounds came in liver and tan - now I prefer it over the red colouring or the black blanket markings. Apparently the black marked pups were popular from his litter but we were more interested in temperament.

Esky I'm currently on my phone so can't post photos but the Sandy/Red Aussie Terriers look pretty much like a Norwich Terrier in colour.

You should be able to google some red Aussies; there's also a breeder on DOL who breeds reds (Shandez I think).

Actually I just found her website -- http://www.shandezaustralianterriers.com/

She shows reds only.

I would hope black and white is still the most popular/ common but sadly i dont think it is.

Amongst breed enthusiasts I would say the most popular colour is black and white, though I know a lot of people who love chocolate. Unfortunately though the 'rare colour bug' has hit our breed in a big way, so there are all kinds of breeders breeding 'rare' colours - merles and tris of all descriptions - and charging an absolute arm and a leg for them.

Exactly, give me a black and white anyday. The most 'coloured' i'd go is black tri :).