2012 Brags Thread

Thanks dragonwoman - yes, I do take a change of ends if I can (depending on what's near the end of the ring, and I do think that helps, but we don't always get offered it.

I try to play a bit, and do a few quick sits between exercises - but yes - I think the boy brains are a bit slow to kick in.

We have our first go at Advanced Rally official trial in a couple of weeks - looking forward to it - well - with Rory - not so sure about my feral Agility girl - off lead heeling will be quite the challenge - lots of talking, methinks.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone! It only sunk in tonight! I can't believe it - I've only had Rev for 10 months and haven't been able to dedicate much training time between study and work. I never would have imagined him being where he is now when I first got him! He really is a special little dude! I think 2012 will be Rev's year!

A few photos from last weekends flyball comp.....Jovi is the one doing an awesome swimmers turn on the box! She has been such a great little dog to train, so switched on when needed but has a fabulous off switch as well and while waiting for the lights to be fixed during one race rolled on her back and layed there quietly while I patted her.

The other photo is of Darcy who always manages to look pretty (and keep his ears under control unlike Jovi!) :laugh:

post-1761-0-65678000-1335859180_thumb.jpg

post-1761-0-05583200-1335859191_thumb.jpg

post-1761-0-54041600-1335859200_thumb.jpg

Edited by tollersowned

Little Em made her jumping/agility debut today at the Viszla Club's Group 3 trial. She came away with her first qually and a first place in Novice Jumping :) The other run of note was Open Agility - as planned I didn't do the distance challenge but she ran beautifully. I probably did one too many runs with her as she completely lost concentration in the last (Open Jumping) round - I have spent a lot of time on contacts/weaves but haven't yet built enough value for jumping I suspect as she ran like a crazy thing afterwards for some retrieving training.

An absolutely miserably wet and cold day for trialling but the Viszla Club should be complimented for running such a lovely, relaxed trial with really great prizes - a huge bag of Canidae dry food for class winners plus a very pretty rosette. 2nd and 3rd place also received smaller bags of food. Everyone pitched in to help, the judges set good, yet challenging, courses and much coffee was consumed to combat the shivering hands and soggy feet :laugh:

Congrats TSD and Em!!

I guess I better jump on the Rally-O brag bandwagon since WA have finally had their first trial!

Ruby scored a perfect 100, but still didn't place :rofl: 4 of us scored 100 and Ruby and I were the slowest by about 8 seconds I think :)

Millie also got a pass with a score of 91, but she was totally not with it today, having to call for 2 retries on course and got pinged for 3 tight leads.

We have some other WA DOLer brags for Rally-O thumbsup1.gif

Congrats TSD and Em!!

I guess I better jump on the Rally-O brag bandwagon since WA have finally had their first trial!

Ruby scored a perfect 100, but still didn't place :rofl: 4 of us scored 100 and Ruby and I were the slowest by about 8 seconds I think :)

Millie also got a pass with a score of 91, but she was totally not with it today, having to call for 2 retries on course and got pinged for 3 tight leads.

We have some other WA DOLer brags for Rally-O thumbsup1.gif

Congrats on your Rally O passes :)

Congrats TSD and RubyStar.

I didn't do any dog stuff this weekend apart from long walk on the beach Saturday. Played 30 seconds of hockey (I was filling in and left my mouthgard at home - oops), did a nice intercept and pass, setting the ball into attack... and then subbed off. We won lots to nothing. Against Port Adelaide (which is always nice). And then I umpired the next game which was not as much fun. Team of my friends who back chat, and its about time I started sending them off.

Brookie went from a rooster on Saturday winning UD on 197 and Open on 194 and a quallie of 100 points in Rally and highest combined score in trial..yay....to a feather duster today :eek: . Best we could do was a 90 Rally score! Oh well...thats what we call swings and roundabouts :D

I think there are some other brags from WA Dolers from today...cmon girls :)

Brookie went from a rooster on Saturday winning UD on 197 and Open on 194 and a quallie of 100 points in Rally and highest combined score in trial..yay....to a feather duster today :eek: . Best we could do was a 90 Rally score! Oh well...thats what we call swings and roundabouts :D

I think there are some other brags from WA Dolers from today...cmon girls :)

Not Brookie's fault he got 90 today! He can blame the handler this time laugh.gif

Today Ruby got a 99 in Rally (one slow sit, which was actually a front that I messed her up on, so asked for it again so she took longer to sit). Millie was still being weird like yesterday, not wanting to be there, but I got her round with some hard work from me. Blow me down, we got a perfect 100 :rofl: Got 3rd place, beaten in time!

What I've noticed by watching the rings is where a LOT of people are losing points on, is tight lead. This can be easily avoided by working with the dog! I saw soooooo many people whizz around their turns, leaving the dogs in their dust, and of course tightening that lead. Millie was being painful but I slowed it down and got her turning with me and ensured we got no tight lead.

Well done RS and bx2 :thumbsup: That's quite a weekend of results!

Mrs RB - the long beach walk sounds divine! I could do with one of those (every day for 2 weeks :laugh:) after another sparrow's fart awakening this morning!!!

Em followed up yesterday's jumping win with a ripper 4th place in retrieving today. She was 6 points behind the eventual winner and lost 5 points for putting the bird down before quickly picking it up and delivering to hand. Twice :o