Do You Refer To Yourself As Your Dog's Mum/dad?

RubyStar

Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Do you refer to yourself as your dog's mum/dad and/or they are your kids?

• Yes
    • No
    • Haven't really thought about it either way

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of. Others refer to me as his Mum but I don't say "Come to Mummy" or things like that'. I'm not sure if he actually connects me with the word "Mum". It doesn't get said all that often.

Although he frequently gets called "Baby boy". And if my family are around him then they get referred to from his perspective - Grandma, Uncle Andrew, etc.

A bit mixed here.

I'd rather poke my eye with a stick than use the term 'furbaby' or say they are my 'kids'.

But my mother sometimes says 'give them a pat from Grannie' and that doesn't bother me.

Yep and proud of it :D we are mummy and daddy and I call her my bubby, I say where's daddy and she will also go looking for him, I tell her we are going to see nanna and poppy and she get really excited. I am also one to tell her every day that mummy loves her little bubby. Don't care what people think of me (probably crazy dog lady) but hey I can't have kids of my own so yes she is my child

Yes im a crazy dog owner and proud :laugh:

We call them the skids (short for schnauzer kids).

Im mum, my hubby is daddy and they have nanny and poppy too.

When people ask if we have kids i say yes - they are 2 and 2.5 (this gets a strange look) then explain they are furry with four legs and love a good walk on the beach too.

Edited by ludwig09

Sort of, some times. :D I refer to my OH as their Daddy but only when we are at home mucking around. Maisie knows what 'Where's Daddy?' means and will search for him. And Pia LOVES going to visit my parents (only one welcome there lol) and so I say 'Let's go see Nanna!' and she gets all excited. :) And I'll say things like 'Mummy loves you' to the dogs.

I don't call them skin kids or furbabies, they are the Whippets or the Whippies. They do go to Nana's, but that has come about as much from the fact we have kids and they go and see Nana.

I do say wheres your dad, or find your dad, but don't call myself mum or mummy when I am talking to them, I hear that word far too often as it is :)

Not really.

My aunt on the other hand, has gotten to calling my mother "grandma" so Mikey recognizes her as that.

It's hilarious watching him go to my mum when my aunt tells him to "go to grandma" and he does lmao.

I do have to admit to calling my boyfriend daddy, whenever he comes over to visit.

Mikey gets uber excited whenever I tell him "Daddy's coming over!".

It's awesome :D

It gets funny sometimes. My father told how he & my mother and their dog, Biddy, were in a crowded footpath in a shopping area. My mother was going into a shop, so Biddy and my father had to go back to the car.

But Biddy started to follow my mother. So my mother called out & pointed to my father, 'Biddy, go with your father!' Dad said everyone looked at him as if he were a Great Dane, or something. :)