I Said Goodbye To My Loyal Friend....

baifra

Last Saturday I had to let my stunning Rusty go.

It broke my heart but I knew it was the right thing to do. She lost her very short fight with Liver cancer.

Rusty,

Goodbye my sweet loving snuggle bug girl. You were brave to the end and showed the dignity you always had.

The house is not the same without you and I can't bare to sweep the area you loved to lie near the front door (God forbid you missed something!!) I'm just not ready to see the red hairballs go. It would mean all this is real and that you're never coming home.

My heart is shattered and yesterday when your ashes came home where you belong I cried a river of tears.

Let your tenacity shine through at the bridge baby girl where I'm sure your lying right now, pork chew munching and resting beside your best mate Sammy.

Ruddy Redhead.... I love you and know you will be with me always. Be brave for me now. I can't do it myself just yet. xxxxxxx

CIMG0676.jpg

PB080025.jpg

P1010002.jpg

:cry:

I am so sorry Baifra. :hug: It's never easy. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

R.I.P. gorgeous Rusty :rainbowbridge: Run young and free again and shine bright from that star. xxx

I hope you don't mind, but I wrote you a little poem.

If you look upon that star

You will see me shining from afar,

Watching down and guiding you

Don't be sad, please don't feel blue.

I will run and roll in fields of green

And eat the biggest pork chews you've ever seen,

The sky will be dotted with diamond stars

Some blue, some green, some red like mars.

Remember all the times that we shared

When smiles were had and tears were spared,

I will still wait for you, but at a different door

One day you will walk through, of that I am sure.

Thank you everyone :)

It is always comforting to hear from people who know exactly how you feel when you lose a family member.

K9angel....What a beautiful and special poem you wrote. It brought me to tears and I appreciate the time you took to do that more than you'll ever know.

Thank you everyone :)

It is always comforting to hear from people who know exactly how you feel when you lose a family member.

K9angel....What a beautiful and special poem you wrote. It brought me to tears and I appreciate the time you took to do that more than you'll ever know.

It was no trouble at all Baifra.

I am sorry it made you cry. It made me cry writing it. Although I didn't know Rusty, it's clear to see she was one special girl. :angel:

I know it may not seem like it now, but in time you will be able to think of her and smile again.

Take care. :hug: xxx

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my, oh my - sending you much warmth and comfort. :hug:

Such a sad and heartbreaking time. To lose not only dearest Rusty but also the beautiful Jessie in similar circumstances so close together. :cry: :cry:

Such happy and gorgeous dogs, who were so lucky to have such a wonderful family to love and care for them.

Thinking of you.

Run free Rusty and Jessie

Edited by Raelene

I am so sorry that Rusty has gone to the Bridge. You heart will no doubt break for a very long time (but it does get easier not to keep blubbering. You did what you had to do for your best mate, and for that Rusty loves you.