Pigs Ears

flame ryder

I just gave my boxer puppy Bentley a pigs ear that was supposed to occupy him for an hour or two...but no he consumes the whole thing within about 15 minutes.

:eek:

Whats the record for your dog eating pigs ears? Can anyone beat 15 mins? Does anyone know where I can get elephants ears lol?

When Henry was a pup they used to last for a few days, then he got them done to a couple of minutes. Once he nearly choked on one and hasn't had them since. Poor baby's screams were terrible :( ! Now we give them beef & roo rolls instead. He's only a little dog (shit tzu x) but boy is he a greedy gums!

Well.... Rocky practically swallows his whole, Sadie thoroughly crunches hers (which takes 5-10 min, she's a "lady" lol), Tess stashes hers for later! Usually in a clothes basket or a bed :eek:

.......and Reggie, well he plays with his first. One must fully court one's food before eating. That alone lasts a good half an hour :laugh: (he's a special boy)

Does it count if doof eats his in 4 seconds, then vomits it up and eats it again? The whole process would be at least 5 minutes, if you include time to spew!

I use beef tendons, rawhide chews (big bones not the little bites) for a longer time chewing, and cow hooves and deer antler will easily last up to a week to a fortnight when chewed on practically 24/7

My Lab savours hers - they last all of 5 minutes then... *grin*

It takes Zeddy about 10 mins, and Pickles about 15 mins...

I have them all separate when they have pig ears, otherwise Trouble will take them all and scoff them.

T.

Mine won't eat them. Sonny choked on one ages ago & neither of them will touch them now.

I give them half a vege ear each now but they don't last very long. At least they aren't a choking hazard.

Edited by BC Crazy

I used to give my poodles pigs ears as a treat...they lasted about the same time as your boxer puppy. I now give them venision ears...much bigger, has a chunky knot base and lasts for at least 2 hrs. About the same price as pig ears.