Dogzonline Forum

Steve

the other great thing DOL has done for me is given me the opportunity to spread the word about the little social whippet club I am involved with. I'd never have been able to get an audience like I have on DOL anywhere else. I'm very grateful for that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other great thing DOL has done for me is given me the opportunity to spread the word about the little social whippet club I am involved with. I'd never have been able to get an audience like I have on DOL anywhere else. I'm very grateful for that.

Me too... I love your Whippet fun day photos... and anything with Tag in it... *grin*

T.

Me too... I love your Whippet fun day photos... and anything with Tag in it... *grin*

T.

:laugh: thanks.

Sometimes I would like to say something or ask the forum users a question that I dont want the person Im talking about to see - like when we were doing Erny's quilt I would have much preferred it to be a surprise or if we have a collection needed for someone in trouble etc - might ask Troy if he could open up a forum and not let that one person see it and never know it exIsts when they land here.

Just Title the thread : "Not for your eyes Erny [or whoever you don't want reading]. Don't you dare come in here Erny. Don't you dare read".

Once you changed the title of the thread about the quilt to that, I didn't peak ..... not even once :D . True dinks :D.

D O L has been a shoulder ,and an ear for me ...it is somewhere to share the silly side of life sometimes, and, importantly it is a place where I feel that what dog lore remains in my brain may be useful to others.

One thing which is definitely of the warm, fuzzy variety is to have the occasional opportunity to help those who need it badly ...to actually know/see that help happen..even on the other side of a big state or country . That part of D O L , the family caring for one in need is precious.

Every day I learn new facts ..get to 'know' different dog breeds, and vicariously share in the rollercoaster that is locating, loving, and losing a dog.

I am grateful every day for whatever fates directed me here :)

Edited by persephone

A great thread - thanks Steve. I'm a DOL lover - I live alone with my westies so DOlL is my friend, my support, my educator and my infuriator!.

My Mac is the aging gracefully beautiful westie he is because of DOL... There's nothing DOL doesn't know or care about... It's the best online community bar none... Thanks Troy. :)

Well .... stand by everyone. We worked hard to get a photo of Troy at the MDBA Awards this year. Troy is very elusive and generally wears a tin hat, so DOL hasn't been privileged before, at IDing Troy. But he forgot his tin hat this year, so we cornered him into having a promo photo shot done. Nyahahahaaaa :angeldevil: .

Waiting for the photos to be 'developed' by the photographer. Maybe we'll be able to post the photo up here when the photos are released, and that will solve the guess work of 'who is Troy, really?'.

Edited by Erny

Waiting for the photos to be 'developed' by the photographer. Maybe we'll be able to post the photo up here when the photos are released, and that will solve the guess work of 'who is Troy, really?'.

then he'll just press the 'edit' button ;)

then he'll just press the 'edit' button ;)

Then I'll ask a moderator to send him a 'warning'. :laugh:

I credit DOL with introducing me to my husband-to-be :laugh:

Mantis posted a thread on a forum she frequents that was bagging pitbulls. I joined that forum so that I could post, met a few people on there, ended up house-sharing with one of them, who introduced me to a friend, who introduced me to the ex-girlfriend of my now fiancee :rofl: (I never said it wasn't a six-degrees-kinda-thing :D )

I've had some incredibly kind DOLers care for my beautiful Tess when I went through a sh*t of a family time...

I've also had the lovely lilypily look after our hairy beasties whilst I've been undergoing tests at hospital AND the incredibly talented and lovely huga is doing the photography for our wedding! :happydance:

Edited by Pheebs

Sometimes I would like to say something or ask the forum users a question that I dont want the person Im talking about to see - like when we were doing Erny's quilt I would have much preferred it to be a surprise or if we have a collection needed for someone in trouble etc - might ask Troy if he could open up a forum and not let that one person see it and never know it exIsts when they land here.

Just Title the thread : "Not for your eyes Erny [or whoever you don't want reading]. Don't you dare come in here Erny. Don't you dare read".

Once you changed the title of the thread about the quilt to that, I didn't peak ..... not even once :D . True dinks :D.

If someone told me not to come in there isnt a chance I wouldnt rofl1.gif

DOL forums have been a fantastic place...

It has been there for me to share the journey I took with Ollie dog and his mast cell cancer..

It was ther to support me and wish us luck when our oldest son went missing in the bush over a cople of days.

It was there when I was trying to decide if I should save my marriage.

It was there when we lost my husband and ultimately when I had to say goodbye to my beloved Ollie dog...

It has introduced me to fostering pound pooches, where I found my new boy, Ziggy.

It has been there and given some great advice about training with issues I have been having with Ziggy.

It was even there last night with all bizarre goings on here at home...

We are lucky to have a place to come and share so much.

I have made some really lovely friends here on DOL as well.

Sorry to spoil the warm fuzzy feelings but this forum is depressing and alienating for those who are not having such a wonderful DOL experience. :(

We all have a "trial by fire" padraic... hang in there, and you'll make some really great friends around here... honest!

T.

Yep the baptism of fire is very much alive and well, it's a shame and I don't really think it should be that way. Hopefully as social networking evolves the mechanisms of courtesy and respect that are integral in most other forms of social interactions will become more and more uniform across this medium as well.

I dont call it a baptism by fire - its about learning how to play the game.

The more you play the better you get at it. It takes a minute to learn that you cant just say what ever you think including being rude without consequence.

Being here doesn't give a licence to say it all out loud.

Many times Ive wanted to say "wake up dickhead" or I would really like a topic to go away sooner than others are ready to let it go.Sometimes Ive laughed my head off about how stupid someone is sounding and Ive been known to walk out into the paddock to yell something out of my system before I respond.I sometimes want to ask "are you on the Grog?" or tell someone to "grow up"

Often what Im thinking passes quickly and I forget it in a heartbeat. If I say what I'm thinking at the time I run the risk of hurting someone or having an issue with that person that I never really intended doing.

You have to always remember some things as part of the game.

+One is never take anything anyone says here that's negative personally.They don't know you or what you live with and have no licence to judge you.It says more about them than you.

+ Play the rules- the ball and not the man or the umpire will send you off and someone will give you a clip.

You don't know who you are interacting with and whether they are in a really bad place - some people who come here are depressed,dying,lonely,suicidal,grieving etc and its not O.K. to just blurt out what you think and attack them and hurt them. Basically before you hit the enter button you need to consider how you would feel if someone said this to you.

+ if ever the experience is more negative than positive and stops being fun walk away - its supposed to be a recreation, something you do to take your mind off crap in your life and learn about dogs and to share with people who understand how dogs are a huge part of your life. If it makes you sad or miserable find a new forum.

Edited by Steve

if ever the experience is more negative than positive and stops being fun walk away - its supposed to be a recreation, something you do to take your mind off crap in your life and learn about dogs and to share with people who understand how dogs are a huge part of your life. If it makes you sad or miserable find a new forum.

:thumbsup: