Toys

Erny

My sister is getting a new puppy. He is currently about 3 or 4 weeks old, so it is at least a month before she picks him up.

I want to buy her a new toy to welcome the pup and congratulate my sister for new puppy breath coming into her home again. What's the best ever most favourite toy you ever got for your pup?

So you have some idea regarding size, the pup is a Bearded Collie.

ETA: I wanted to get a Pee and a Poop plush toy as these are different to any other my sister and her previous dog have ever had, but it seems the company isn't happening any more.

Edited by Erny

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orbee Tuff Ball on a rope! Two years and still going strong. Great to throw, you can throw it really far and the SBT loves to tug with it.

The other favourite is the iSqueak ball, I have to hide it as they start playing and squeaking at 3am :eek:

I've got the Orbee balls - I agree, they do last and are great for tug and throw :).

:laugh: ..... I think my sister would kill me for gifting her soon to come home puppy with a toy that would wake the living dead!

My dogs seem to think paper and cardboard are the greatest things ever, and they often get just as much enjoyment out of a random piece of plastic or empty bag of chips as they do any expensive dog toys...

But, one of their favourite dog toys is the kong braidz. They also really like a lamb tug I got recently, but they only get that during training. The kong braidz is left out all the time, and they often mess around with it all on their own.

The cardboard insert of the toilet rolls, the garbage bags and the cling wrap...

My dogs had had more fun over the years tearing and chewing these than most other toys.

The old empty coke bottle is a good one to.

thats funny, mine love the cardboard toilet roll too!!

Coke bottles because they make a lot of noise flying across the tiles in the middle of the night.

And also empty ice cream containers, my GSD puts his foot in them and skates them across the tiles, he loves it for some reason.

The toy my GSD loves the most of all though is a huge teddy bear I bought for my kids one xmas, it is nearly as big as him (pretty big) and he holds it and sucks its ears, there is not one mark on it. I have had to put it up at the moment because we have a puppy who is too rough with it and Neo gets really upset. He loves his bear and I dont want the puppy destroying it, or the puppy getting hurt because of it.

All of my friends save their toilet roll cardboard for my fosters... *grin*

Funnily enough, the toy I have here that every one of my foster pups have played with is a stuffed toy flea... it's the most popular by far... it has lasted 3 years now, and seen better days, but they love it so much.

The other toy that has lasted many years and gotten a lot of use is the Chuckit rubber tennis ball... nothing can destroy them, and haven't met a dog yet that doesn't like a ball.

T.

I second the hide-a-squirrel,they also have a hide - a- fish and hide- a- bee. Our pup had hours of fun with her squirrely pals and still carries their now rather battered little selves around (she is two now).

post-35855-0-48718400-1333746230_thumb.jpg

Monkey!! A toy monkey (& I've also had to invest in bears & giraffe's of the same range) from the baby section of Sam's Warehouse. Kenzie has one at home, work, car & grandma's & she carries it around & when she is totally content she lies in her bed & sucks on it! They're not getting anymore though (i had to email them as I only have about 4 left in my stash! Checking out some at Safeway today that look similar!!!).

She also loves Skineez - with or without the bottles inside. Buster cube/treat ball/tug-a-jug/bob-a-lot are also favourites. Oh & her faux bunny tug jackpot!!

Another puppy :laugh: but not practical for everyone.

I have a small shoe rack full of those ugly croc shoes. Paid $1 a pair for them in a cheap variety store. Was for slipping on to go in the yard but its all the dogs favourite toy.

Quite indestructable for my poodles, tough plastic.

Skineez are very well loved by Bella, she loves flinging them around. She also loves her Kong Wobbler, and you just can't beat a nice bouncy ball for lots of fun playing. :) Basically, anything that squeaks, bounces or dispenses food!

Big, fluffy Pelican "Pete" is my girl absolute favourite. She carries it around in her mouth most of the day & of an evening watching T.V. when we are just chilling out she always lays like a turtle & sucks on him.

I always have about 4 of these usually on the go at one time as when she comes inside from dusk onwards she gets a clean one. I brought the last 2 from WA, Pets Providore. Having trouble finding them but they stock them,

great service & free delivery ATM. :thumbsup:

My boy loves his "Hide-a-bee". You can either hide the bee's in the hive & throw it or just throw the bee's at him as hard as you can & he catches them, growling his head off with delight. He also has a big fluffy Kookaburra

that he adores.

Yes, they pretty much love toys. Our loungeroom resembles Toys R Us most nights by the time they have raided their toy boxes. :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy