How Many Dogs?

ash1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have five although it's only really four and a half as I co-own one,, expecting another one in a few weeks and my co-owned girl is expected in May so i will no doubt keep one of her litter. I own two coolies, two golden retreivers and a griffon (who thinks he is a coolie but the size of a great dane :laugh: ) My housemate owns many many dogs, all coolies, but six of them are housedogs. All our dogs get on really well, even the little one and the coolies are forever playing together :)

I have five although it's only really four and a half as I co-own one,, expecting another one in a few weeks and my co-owned girl is expected in May so i will no doubt keep one of her litter. I own two coolies, two golden retreivers and a griffon (who thinks he is a coolie but the size of a great dane :laugh: ) My housemate owns many many dogs, all coolies, but six of them are housedogs. All our dogs get on really well, even the little one and the coolies are forever playing together :)

So counting here (and running out of fingers), 11 dogs inside the house?

Looks like we have a winner, ladies and gents! :laugh:

See Ma? With six dogs, I'm relatively normal :rofl:

We have five, two standard poodles one is 10 next month and one that just turned 9. A toy poodle that is 8 and a Jack Russell that is 8.5, the newest addition is one I never thought my husband would agree to is my 12 month old Newfoundland. Added to this mix is one persian cat.

The dogs have free reign of our family room and all sleep inside.

So counting here (and running out of fingers), 11 dogs inside the house?

Looks like we have a winner, ladies and gents! :laugh:

See Ma? With six dogs, I'm relatively normal :rofl:

My mum doesn't think I'm normal either :laugh: I think there are eleven - my lot Onslow, Tilly, Flash, Latte, Mocha - her lot - Clutch, Manny, Gudge, Bella, Mikey, Brush - yep. Oh I have 3 cats as well who are presently living in the large kitchen/pantry - my housemate has cats but they live outside so not sure how many

We used to have 2 Shelties, 2 Tibbies & 2 cats. It made 24 paws to wipe dry in wet weather. :)

I used to call 'Shelties!' when I wanted them to come. And 'Tibbies!' when I wanted them to come.

Visitors used to say, 'They know what breed they are!', when the right pair would respond.

We now have 2 Tibbies. They're an easy breed to live with, so I'd have no problem owning more (but can't). Sometimes 2 other Tibbies used to come to stay.....& the 4 of them just 'bonded' like a little pride of lions and looked after each other.

We have 6 on the property - but it is 100 acres with 2 houses :D

I have 3 Kelpies (10yo, 4yo and 12 week old) and a Finnish Lapphund (6yo) and my parents have 2 Lappies (11yo and 9yo) and are considering getting another Lappy later in the year :)

Guest donatella

I have 1 but she is the work of 4 dogs. I'd love another but until she calms down I wouldnt for fear of my sanity.

I have 2 staffords. A 3 & 1/2 year old and a 1 & 1/2 year old. That is definitely enough for now! Maybe when they are older and slow down (not likely!) I would like a male but I can only give 2 belly rubs at a time!

4 dogs here, just gone up from 3, but I have had up to 6 in the past.

We have a JRT who is 5yrs, a small fluffy cross breed who is 3yrs, a Dobermann who is 2yrs and an Australasian Bosdog (Aussie bulldog) who is 14 weeks! All 4 sleep in our room every night and I wouldn't have it any other way.

My family also think I'm nuts. Actually I still have not told my mum about the new pup although she will be visiting here soon so will see her soon enough :D

I own 9 cats and have 2 permanent fosters for a friend of mine. I have three of my own dogs, one rescue that can't be rehomed (Sirius) and tonight I only have 6 rescue dogs inside (so 10 dogs in total). I do have three sleeping outside this evening. 1 from choice, 1 only arrived today and 1 who doesn't get on with the rest of the pack.

Last week I owned 20 dogs in total and had two foster dogs and all except 2 lived here. Most have access to the house but those who are cat aggressive only have access to the laundry. Barking mad doesn't even come close to describing me.

**I own all the rescue dogs until they are found forever homes. I run my rescue group but also foster for other rescue organisations.**

There are 2 dogs living here but only one is mine (live with the in laws). I reckon we could go another dog easily, but they wont let us.

I always thought I'd want a few, but then I visited my mentor who only has 5 dogs (and she had 10 pups at the time), and I looked at my 6 cockatiels and I realised 2 things.

1. Pack Dynamics, I never really realised how in a bigger group, some dogs just will NOT mix. I knew it could happen, but only when I saw how they needed to be separate did i realise.

2. I got too many birds, too quickly and they just didn't get the attention they needed as handraised birds. They're now VERY happy in an aviary but they're not humanised anymore. I wouldn't be able to give 4 or more dogs the attention I could give 3 or less, just something I don't feel I could do.

And my chosen/heart breed is the dalmatian...having more than two or three MAY drive me crazy.