Most And Least Favourite Breed.

Blackdogs

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favourite breed- golden retrievers,labrador retrievers,ckc,tibetan spaniel,weims,gsp.shetland sheep dog,australian cattle dog. I'm realy loving the tibetan spaniel the most.

Least- would have to be jack russells,fox terriers

What about whippets?

I love whippets too there so easy to care for hardly no grooming required,easy to exercise,fairly easy to train. Missy my whippet is so sweet and loving she is now 10 months old and still pretty hyper but is managed with plenty of exercise and training

Favourite breeds: poms, rottis, chis, bulldogs, lapphunds, dogues

Least favourite: anything that will attack and hurt my current dog, I dont care what breed it is.

Interesting to see small dog owners like big and small dogs but most big dog owners aren't a fan of the little guys. Only getting to that conclusion from the information posted above.

I was going to stay out of this thread, but had to reply to your post.

Favourite are all big boofheads, especially Bull & Mastiff breeds. I used to breed & show Cairn Terriers, so love them as well.

I once would have said least favourite SWF, but after spending 15 months in a block of units that only had small dogs, I have softened. My fav dog there was a little Shitzu who was so beautiful with her little squishy face & big personality,you couldn't help but love her. She knew she was adorable & I swear she battered her eyelids as she barked at you to pick her up & give her a cuddle. :rofl:

Edited by mantis

Favourites: Min Pins, Bichons, Cavaliers, Dachshunds, Pharaoh Hounds, Salukis, Golden Retrievers, Poodles, Rotties, Dobermanns, German Pinscher, SBTs, Glen of Imaal, Cairn Terriers, Airedale Terriers, Norwich Terriers, any terrier... :D

Least favourite: Oodles of any description (ugh, why would anyone want one), badly bred SBTs or Amstaffs (the ones built like brick sh*thouses), Border Collies, ACDs, Huskies, Cocker Spaniels, Labs, anything big and slobbery or sheds a ton.

Edited by halfthewords

i think my fave breeds would have to be the collie for their high 'eq' and sensitivity, and pretty much anything from the gun or utility groups. though i am partial to the medium sized terriers as well.

i don't like bull breeds - as in i've met lovely ones but i don't really like the appearance of them. just personal taste. though if i was looking for a pound dog to add i wouldn't discount them, as appearance isn't that important.

and i really don't like border collies. i've never met one i actually liked. they all seem to have hard eyes and no off switch. we've got quite a few in the family and whilst i'll dog-sit them for a couple of weeks i always find i'm not looking forward to it and relieved when they go home. - its not the exercise or smarts its just something about them being unable to chill well. i had collies growing up so i'm used to the desire to herd, but everything?! all the time?! just too much dog for me i guess!

actually, even though i said i like gun dogs, i don't love labradors. but only because most of the ones i meet are owned by idiots who let them body slam my mini schnauzer, jump all over everyone and believe that just because they are a lab, that they are a naturally better dog for everyone, especially families. not really the dogs' fault, but i usually get a bad feeling when i see one.

Guest donatella

Favourite breeds: poms, rottis, chis, bulldogs, lapphunds, dogues

Least favourite: anything that will attack and hurt my current dog, I dont care what breed it is.

Interesting to see small dog owners like big and small dogs but most big dog owners aren't a fan of the little guys. Only getting to that conclusion from the information posted above.

I was going to stay out of this thread, but had to reply to your post.

Favourite are all big boofheads, especially Bull & Mastiff breeds. I used to breed & show Cairn Terriers, so love them as well.

I once would have said least favourite SWF, but after spending 15 months in a block of units that only had small dogs, I have softened. My fav dog there was a little Shitzu who was so beautiful with her little squishy face & big personality,you couldn't help but love her. She knew she was adorable & I swear she battered her eyelids as she barked at you to pick her up & give her a cuddle. :rofl:

That's good to hear, I think there are loads of yappy naughty small dogs, but there are some gorgeous cuddle monsters too. Glad you had a good experience :)

Favourite breeds : I love the Terrier group espcially the Aussie terrier, Cairn terrier,Norwich terrier & westie. I also love Lappies,miniture Poodle, Aussie Shepherd, Border Collie.

Least favourite : I love all dogs in general & couldn't think of a breed that I don't like, there's probably lots of breeds I woudn't own due to probably not fitting in with my life style, but I love all Purebred dogs, & even a few mutts too. :D

Just a few of my favourites;.....Irish Terrier....Airedale....Portuguese Water Dog....Curly Coated Retriever.....Irish Wolfhound.....Dobermann......Bull Terrier..... ...Belgian Shepherd Laekenois......Big scruffers in need of rescue.Oh and Dalmatian and Smooth Collie

Least favourite.... ,any that want to bite my ankles.

Edited by Purdie