Most And Least Favourite Breed.

Blackdogs

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favourite Breed: Saluki. They are incredibly beautiful and athletic, breathtaking to watch. <3 I also love their sense of humour, intelligence and they are fabulous to snuggle up on the bed/sofa with!

Least favourite: While I love most dogs as individuals, I'd never choose for myself any very small breed (with the exception of a very few). That's just because I'm a bigger dog sort of person, but I do like the vast majority of small dogs I've come across, just not for me to own.

e1a43673.jpg

Where on earth do people come up with crap like this?

If this little gem of nonsense said 50% of crossbred mutts people believe are "staffies" are PTS before they're 4 then I might be inclined to believe it.

Interesting that the picture shows blue puppies - along with the SWF the blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier would have to be the most exploited and farmed dog in Australia & the UK.

Most favourite; Bull terrier.. I like something thats a bit head strong (must remind me of myself hahaha) and there just beautiful

Least favourite; Maltese.. so hairy and yappy and crazy.

I don't realy like scruffy dogs either. I like nice clean smooth coated breeds.

Edited by Lyss

Dalmatians have to be my most favourite, but there are many other favourites, dallies just top the list.

SBT's are probably my least favourite, met plenty of beautiful ones and friendly ones, and I live with a staffy x. But just not a breed I would ever want to own. I also don't love small fluffy breeds, but my mum has a mini schnuazer that I do love for his personality, but would never want to own for the dread of constant clipping.

But I definately do not HATE any breed (that would be impossible!).

Cannot choose between wheatens and kerries, the perfect doggy household in my view.

Don't know that I dislike any breed. There are some that don't do a lot for me, enough to say I probably wouldn't have one, but I don't know that I actively think about it enough to say, 'I don't like ...'

Favorite is Dobermann's and now the Australasian Bosdog is right up there with them. Very different both physically and personality wise. I love the sleek, athletic look of Dobes, they are stunning to look at, I like the close bond they form with their owners (almost obsessive!). I also love the cute, squishyness of the bulldogs, and every one I have met has been extremely friendly, social and just lovely in nature.

I don't hate any breed but there are plenty I would never own for a variety of reasons.

I love my bull breeds

I used to always say i hated small dogs... but i have met some wonderful dogs via working at the kennels and my current job, and while i have yet to meet a bull breed i dont like... i have met a lot of little dogs i DO like.

Case by case for me, each dog is different.

I rather short coated dogs, anything long fur turns me off owning one, does not mean i hate the dog... just rather a dog with short fur.

Ohh wow, after reading the first couple of pages as Bull terrier being least fav breed, Its my most favorite ever.

My dad bought me my first dog a male white bull terrier & I have had a love for them forever. I am getting a new bully in a couple of weeks. YAY

I have had alot of different breeds over the yrs & I really dont like Yappy dogs of any kind. Bark if someone is there or playing but not for no reason. Drives me insane.

I like all dogs usually & cant say I have come across any that I would put into a dislike catagory but are many I personally wouldnt own myself as they dont suit my lifesatyle or similar. :) Still like them though.

I love them all, but am not a small dog person. I like to be able to wrestle with them. And I tend to go a bit nuts around dogs that aren't big thinkers-prefer working breeds. Otherwise most of my canine limits are imposed by my husband who was knocked over by a GSD as a child ('attacked' apparently) and grew up scared of dogs until he met me and had doofus bounce into his life, lap and everything he owned....ah doofus, the cheerful idiot canine ambassador :laugh:

I also tend to take a mental step back when I see a Bassett hound, because I got my ass kicked by one when I used to work in boarding kennels (entire male aust champion bastard that took offense at me standing between him and some dog food an idiot had left in the walkway and chose to make his point with his teeth, repeatedly)

my fav breed...well duh :laugh: Koolies!!! :heart: love 'em

my least fav breed i guess cause the ones i have met have all been horribly unsocial and too highly aroused for my liking are the english staffies, not really a fan of them in looks either, just not my cup of tea :)

also im not a small dog person, prob cause the owners tend to let them get away with naughty things cause they are "so small and it doesnt matter like with a big dog" :mad

Edited by dandybrush

I like breeds that were breed to work with people, taking direction while still having natural instinct and be biddable: herding dogs and gundogs. Border collies are my favourite breed.

Less suitable for me: anything that isn't too interested in doing what I want when I want :laugh:

Favourite breeds would be bull breeds. I think Pitbulls are the most stunning dog. I love Amstaffs and Bull Terriers, chunky Staffords are adorable. I also love a lot of gun dogs - Vizslas, Pointers, Weimeraners etc. I love Mastiffs! I can't pick a favourite between Dogues and Cane Corsos... or Bullmastiffs!

Least favourite breeds would probably be Aussie shepherds and Tollers. But I have met some really lovely dogs of each of those breeds so I don't know that I would say I dislike them.

My favourites would be Italian Greyhounds (I rescue and own) and some terriers - Borders, Airedales, Bedlingtons. You'd be hard pressed to ever come across a nasty example of an Italian Greyhound, they have beautiful natures with other dogs especially.

My least favourite would be staffies and Pit Bulls, I won't tolerate dog on dog aggression or unpredictable temperaments so they are definitely not the dog for me.

Fave is Staffords and pretty well anything boof head..

Least fave GSPs.. Only because I have lived next door to 2 who are untrained, aggressive and bark all the time... I am sure there are plenty of good examples out ther, I have just never met one...

I am not a small dog person either... I would never own one...