Most And Least Favourite Breed.

Blackdogs

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering this is supposed to be a light hearted thread i think we should be able to say what we like without being jumped on by the pitbull/staffy fanboys :mad

i agree i would never own a breed that was bred to fight with itself, just to unstable for me :)

that said to add to my list of favs

Koolies, german shepherds, aussie shepherds, poodles

my least favs

staffies, pit bulls, border collies, cattle dogs, chi's, boxers, really im not a fan personally of any boofy dogs, droolers or squished faces :laugh: guess u could say im a bit fussy :laugh:

Edited by dandybrush

Fave is Staffords and pretty well anything boof head..

Least fave GSPs.. Only because I have lived next door to 2 who are untrained, aggressive and bark all the time... I am sure there are plenty of good examples out ther, I have just never met one...

I am not a small dog person either... I would never own one...

How sad that that is the only example you have seen of GSP's. They are such lovely, beautiful dogs. Pity these 2 are untrained and aggressive as that is the exception rather than the rule with this breed. I have one as well as a Staffy X and both my dogs are lovely.

Favourite: Anything Spitz

Least favourite: Anything that drools excessively, if I need to take a towel with me to wipe my arm and pants after a game of fetch then it isn't for me.

--Lhok

My favourite dogs are super active dogs that require minimal grooming, are friendly and intelligent. Thats why I have a GSP and a Staffy X Kelpie.

I don't like yappie dogs or nasty dogs. And I would never own a dog with a very short nose or short legs as I think it's a form of cruelty to dogs.

Edited by GSPSTAFFKELP

Guest Clover

Favourite - Working type Border Collies (and rough coat JRTs).

Least favourite - Most bull breeds, the exception is a few individual dogs. And Labradors.

considering this is supposed to be a light hearted thread i think we should be able to say what we like without being jumped on by the pitbull/staffy fanboys :mad

i agree i would never own a breed that was bred to fight with itself, just to unstable for me :)

I hope that wasn't aimed at me, I haven't got a problem with anyone here saying they wouldn't own a pit bul/staffy, they certainly aren't the dog for everyone and there's lots of breeds I wouldn't own too! I wish less people would own them! Lol

I did question dogmad on the use of the word 'unstable' though and I've noticed you've used it too.. I'm interested to know what both you and her mean by that? Again, I'm not attacking, just interested.

Favourite breeds - Chinese Crested, Boxers...what a coincidence I have both. Also like Great Danes, Salukis, poodles.

Least fav breeds - Neopilton Mastive - saw my first one at a show over Easter, sorry but it was the ugliest dog I've ever seen. Also dislike Pitballs, staffies, Sharpeis

Favourite: After owning a Stafford, i'd own another in a heartbeat, hell id have 100 of them if i had the time (and a bigger lap :laugh: :laugh: )

No least's, all dogs are great!

Favourite - Tollers of course!

Least favourite - Will never own a bull breed, they aren't my cup of tea but I will always play with them and Stafford puppies are pretty rolly polly and cute :p

Faves: bull terriers - clowns, loyal, so ugly they're gorgeous! Rotties - big beautiful softies, Scotty Terriers - big personalities

Least faves: Foxies - little, yappy Pugs, Shitzus, Maltese - based on looks Ball obsessed dogs - bit one dimensional

Guest Clover

Donski i have ball obsessed dogs and they always have that same crazed look in photos :laugh:.

Donski i have ball obsessed dogs and they always have that same crazed look in photos :laugh:.

It's only because I can't interact with them as they're so focussed on just one thing. Kinda like a human who has only one area of interest, and unless that's your area of interest also, it gets a bit boring.

Guest Clover

It's only because I can't interact with them as they're so focussed on just one thing. Kinda like a human who has only one area of interest, and unless that's your area of interest also, it gets a bit boring.

Mine can be like that, but take away the ball or toy and they are back to normal dogs again :laugh:.

Fave breeds are ACD's, Rottweilers, Staffords, bull terriers and border collies. Many more ......

My dislike for some dogs are not based on breed at all just on individual dogs I've met.

i just mean personally by unstable that i myself do not trust the breed to not attack, i guess u could say i am scared of them :shrug:

Exactly the same as me. I saw someone walking along Blaxland Road, Ryde at 8am one morning last week with a pitbull running along ahead of them. My thoughts were wondering what would happen if someone with another dog, let alone a small dog, came along the same path. If I saw that I would crap myself as I would be expecting the worst. With so many attacks I don't like to see any other dog coming towards me with no collar or other means of control. I'm not so worried about small dogs - it occasionally happens but generally it is larger dogs and my dogs have been attacked without provocation.