Sign #57 That I Should Spend More Time With Hoomans And Less With Dogs

I was in the shower this evening and noticed that my hands were wrinkly even tho I'd only been in there a couple of minutes. I thought to myself "hmm, what's wrong with my paws?". Seriously. :o

Other examples -

Hanging out with my friend and her young baby, I twice called him puppy without realising - "hi little puppy" then "bye puppy!"

Talking to a friend about the possible ethnicity of a guy sitting near us - me: "I think he might be Asian CROSS African American"

and talking about a girl on a tv show - "She had an undershot jaw... oh whoops, that's a dog term..."

I'm sure you who have been around dogs longer than I have have other examples!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh but it's worse when something you are tugging (vaccum cleaner, suitcase on wheels etc) sticks slightly and you automatically command "Heel!":o

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My friend calls her dog's front legs his 'arms', I 'prune' everything from paper to hair. Crossover is fairly normal I think.

My OH sometimes picks me up on using single word commands with him "Sit!" or "wait". Generally he answers with "woof" :laugh:

When you are about to give someone a haircut & you pull out the chair & say SIT. :)

In a nightclub for the 1st time in 15 years & standing back analyzing the mating ritual of the species like David Attenborough.

Craving chocolate & you almost grab a dogggy choc by accident.

These are my latest 3 of many.

Oh dear - can completely relate to this thread.

I also give hand signals when walking with other people.......heel, stand, wait..............

I have been known to snap "speak" at a staff member who is being sullen and sulky (with hand signal)...........sigh.........

I asked someone recently who was having "girl troubles" if she had looked into being "spayed"

And last night we walked our dogs down the main street. The four greyhounds resplendent in their new winter coats (went for a lovely chinese embroidered fabric - one in each colour)

THe local shop keeper stated they had a better wardrobe than she did. ha ha ha

Glad to know we are not alone

Oh and the worst thing - one of my Collies hates skateboards...........when I am driving along alone and see a skateboarder - the temptation to wind down the window and bark my head off is disturbingly strong........... ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh but it's worse when something you are tugging (vaccum cleaner, suitcase on wheels etc) sticks slightly and you automatically command "Heel!":o

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I called my pug a moron yesterday and then apologised to her incase she understood. There was only one moron in the room and I dont think it was Pancake.

I also give hand signals when walking with other people.......heel, stand, wait..............

i always say 'wait' and give a hand signal to my OH when I'm about to cross a road too :laugh:

Oh and the worst thing - one of my Collies hates skateboards...........when I am driving along alone and see a skateboarder - the temptation to wind down the window and bark my head off is disturbingly strong........... ha ha ha ha ha ha

:p when I see a bike while I'm driving to work my first instinct is to play 'look at that' with my not-there dog :o

I always say I'm going to the vet rather than the doctors.

My OH has always said this and when I used to pick him up on it his reply was "I'd be better off at the vets"!

And, recently at a horse show I was admiring a lovely horse going round and referred to it as 'him', as the horse passed closer by I corrected myself with "Oh no, it's a bitch". My daughter standing besides me laughed at me and said I spent too much time with the dogs. A woman nearby, connected to the rider said to us "Actually your mother is right, the mare is a BITCH". :laugh:

I use that same praising tone of voice on young kids and dogs - the high pitched "Good boy!" I really should learn more dog terminology because I tend to name dog body parts by the human names. Upper thighs, ankles, feet (instead of paws), thumb nail (instead of dew claw) that kind of thing. I referred to a dogs 'cankles' recently and noone knew what I was talking about.

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

I tickle my pup under the chin when I leave her in the morning, and I accidently did it to my dad the other day :o

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Your poor Dad. Amazing that he didnt clock you for that. My sister does it to me and it drives me mental. I just want to slap the bitch...err I mean woman

I have a tendency to use what my kids call 'the dog voice' on the children at school. And i am definitely guilty of using hand signals on them.

I also have a bad habit of slipping into vietnamese when the kids at school don't listen. I find using hand signals and vietnamese gets the point across. :laugh: Strangly many of the children prefer to work with me. My husband says it's because i give them strict boundaries. :laugh:

Maybe they just prefer the crazy lady. :o

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I called my pug a moron yesterday and then apologised to her incase she understood. There was only one moron in the room and I dont think it was Pancake.

:laugh: I'm always telling my OH to be nice to the dogs and apologise if he calls them names :laugh:

I call my dogs front legs their arms and have full on conversations with them before I leave in the morning

I cannot help but compare babies/toddlers to puppies

I often talk to OH like he is a dog :o

Saxon pup, love the paws thought, that's absolute gold. :laugh:

Well seeing I spend a lot of time with my horse as well as my dog...(separately actually, because my dog thinks horses are superscary) I usually "click" to my husband like I do to my horse when he's walking too slow. Or I tap him repeatedly to get him to step aside (and stop when he moves - release/reward!). Sometimes I do the same to my dog as well. Then I forget that my dog knows to come behind when I whistle, so I do that. Then get back to my horse and I'm whistling at him to come. He hasn't really picked up on that yet :o :D