Soft Crate Recommendations

MishB

Im wondering what you look for when buying your crates.

I show my dog and have a collapsible metal crate at the moment, I bought this one to start with because of the risk of him chewing etc. It is great but it is getting heavy to lug around to shows, plus its a pain to collapse it so I want to get a soft crate now I am confident he will not destroy it!

I dont really know what I should be looking for when buying a soft crate so Im asking my fellow DOLers what you look for in a crate.

He is a medium size dog (Brittany), the metal crate I have is a VEBO one in a Large 90cm long,60cm high,55cm wide, I dont want to go any smaller, Im actually thinking of going one size up so I could possibly get my German Shepherd in it if I had to.I am going to buy him a metal crate as well, he hasnt ever been crate trained so a metal one will suit him better to start.

Opinions, experiences, recommendations?

Edited by Nariko

I purchased a k9pro crate recently and I an very impressed with the quality and price.. I got a large and it is easy to collapse and put up, love it :-) I bought mine for agility as I have a wire one at home for bed..

Forgot to add it has front, side and top opening, all 4 sides have Velcro flaps that I can roll up and a top also I can roll up and unzip for top access ( great for crate training ie reward) and a pocket and detachable bag ..

Edited by mumof4girls

And then there is another DOLer - http://www.k9softdogcrates.com.au/ :)

I have a couple of K9Royale 2 - they travelled thousands of kms - easy to put up and down.

Looking at the website, the new one - Caprice - looks good too - and price includes delivery to WA.

I've tried a few, and the steel framed ones with the heavy denier covers are the way to go IMO.

I purchased a k9pro crate recently and I an very impressed with the quality and price.. I got a large and it is easy to collapse and put up, love it :-) I bought mine for agility as I have a wire one at home for bed..

Forgot to add it has front, side and top opening, all 4 sides have Velcro flaps that I can roll up and a top also I can roll up and unzip for top access ( great for crate training ie reward) and a pocket and detachable bag ..

I bought two of these on Sunday! Very impressed so far and the dogs seem happy :)

They did two types, a cheaper one which was a bit flimsier and a metal pole one. I bought the

Metal pole one, for the extra $ it will last a lot longer :)

City farmers stock them (at least mine does)

I have a couple of K9Royale 2 - they travelled thousands of kms - easy to put up and down.

Looking at the website, the new one - Caprice - looks good too - and price includes delivery to WA.

I've tried a few, and the steel framed ones with the heavy denier covers are the way to go IMO.

I bought one of these recently too - the crate hasn't left the house yet but it will be doing a trip to the Royal in a few weeks :) Very happy with the construction, shipped very quickly and for a great price to WA :)

I have a couple of the K9 Royale2 soft dog crates that I purchased about three years ago, and they are still going strong. One is a medium, and one is m/large. I have used the m/large for my Brittany in the car, but it's really a bit low for him and he'd be better off in larger size.

These are my favorites. Great service too.

These are my favorites. Great service too.

I like the k9softdogcrates ones as well but when I needed 1 I was a bit short on dollars and got 1 of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/XXXL-Large-Portable-Soft-Pet-Dog-Crate-Cage-Tent-Kennel-Travel-Folding-Red-/350593453726?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item51a0ff8e9e#ht_4462wt_1211

2 years on it is still perfectly fine, never had a problem with it. They call it XXXL but it is really only an XL I think. I have my BC girl in it with no problems at all. It is a 42" crate if using standard crate measurements.

Those Top Buy ones and similar are quite good for the money ... BUT ... I don't think they have sides that come right down so not great for privacy or weather protection - and you need to peg them down in a wind. :laugh:

Those Top Buy ones and similar are quite good for the money ... BUT ... I don't think they have sides that come right down so not great for privacy or weather protection - and you need to peg them down in a wind. :laugh:

Only if you have a small dog lol

Big dogs also ,smart ones learn they can easily tumble them over like a mouse wheel.

I have the NoztoNoz .

But if the wire crate is still fine & its just the weight of carrying go to bunnings or big W & buy a fold up light weight trolley,best item i own for carting crates,c pens & any other iten that it makeslife easier for

or if you have a large one who likes to lean on the sides and roll them over, no matter what brand of soft crate she is in :rofl:

I'm now deciding between the NoztoNoz and the k9 soft crates.

I've seen the NoztoNoz and they seem quite robust and great quality.

I see on the website the the k9 royal2 is insulated on the roof, does this make much difference?