Altair

gapvic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all! We've hopefully three babies due this year (and are keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed for safe births and healthy mares and foals). Dellante is due today but keeping her legs firmly crossed - absolutely no sign of impending labour (she hasn't even started to bag up yet) but there is no doubt she is pregnant. Altair then due mid November, and Esther due late January. Yaay for Andalusian babies :D

Clyde we are lucky enough to live on an old property with lots of drystone walls :) . We've repaired some of the ones that are falling down, and have built some new ones.

A bit off topic, but if anyone wants some garden rocks (natural (ie not cut) bluestone) we've got heaps and you're welcome to come get some.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't think there was any point to starting a new thread so I'll just add foalie pics here :) .

Please meet Dacia B, born at 10pm last night. Delante is proving to be a great first time mum. The baby is a weeny bit off so vet is coming out to check her shortly. Fingers crossed it's nothing major.

I've more photos but given she's not the prettiest thing, I thought sharing just one would do :laugh:

8110930081_df543160ca_z.jpg

Gapvic she is just lovely, look at the long legs! And sorry but I absolutely love her head, - I just don't like dished (punched in) faces that much. More photos of her would be welcome, and oh gee I hope she is okay and the vet doesn't see any problems, fingers so crossed for her.

Thanks guys! Re vet, everything seems fine but she had a slightly elevated temp so on penecillan just to be safe.

PossumCorner I agree! Which is why I love these and the lusitanos. The more convex for me, the better :). I think she should end up with a good strong profile :). She is very sweet. I'll pop up a couple more pics soon :)