If Money Wasn't An Issue, What Would You Have?

mixeduppup

If you had all the money you ever needed and more what would you get for your dogs, where would you live, how would your dream property look and what breed of dog would you have that you currently can't afford?

I would own 1000's of acre not far from where I live. I would run sheep and cattle and breed high quality working kelpies and train (mostly yard dogs)on my property as well. I would have 20 acres of securely fenced and maintained grassland just for dogs to run and have free time and a secure huge kennel facility as well as a huge house that would be tiled so no dog hair stuck in the carpet. I would have a maremma bred in Italy imported.

I would also fund the council for a proper pound to be built.

To dream

I'd get a property set up with dog runs and rolling green areas they could run in, surrounded with snake mesh ;) I'd love a natural river or even just a dam for them to swim in and lots of shady trees.

I'd import a dog and a bitch English Setters from the UK from lines that I love and would do well together. I would also import at least two slovakian rough haired pointers!!

Having had my dogs on different properties I have to tell you its a lot of hard work.

Even with a lot of land, money, time and opportunity nothing beats sitting with the dogs, or a dog, for half an hour and being company for them.

You should remember that; it doesn't matter how big the yard or what they've got, they soon get bored with it.

Having had my dogs on different properties I have to tell you its a lot of hard work.

Even with a lot of land, money, time and opportunity nothing beats sitting with the dogs, or a dog, for half an hour and being company for them.

You should remember that; it doesn't matter how big the yard or what they've got, they soon get bored with it.

I'd have staff and no job which gives me all day with the dogs :)

I'd have staff and no job which gives me all day with the dogs :)

ah yes... to both comments

H

My dogs will always be my pets, first and foremost, so I don't want more than 3 at any one time. This is because all my dogs get training (even my girl who doesn't compete) and time with me individually and I just don't think I could fit in more than three. They live in the house with me, so the only need I could see for a run would be if dog # 3 was an escape artist.

I'd like an acre in an urban area so that I could set up an agility training ground. The rest would be space for zoomies and a native garden for Lucy to explore.

Dog # 3 would be my "sports" dog, primarily for agility. Of course if they didn't like agility we'd do something else, but I'll buy my next dog with agility in mind. Dream breed would be w/l malinous - but money isn't the barrier there, time and training skill are!

I used to think i wanted lots of land, but as i have gotten older i decided as long as the dogs can do zoommies ( they can't here), and i can have room for a lap pool and potter around the garden thats enough.

A smaller house ,not a mc mansion like now,( old heritage), a verandah to sit on, again i thought i wanted to be in the middle of nowhere, but now i want a nice little town or suburb to people watch :laugh:

Dogwise, no different, always a BT, and Cattle, and a stag/grey. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty happy with owning my own house, which means I don't have to worry about landlords and pet friendly rental etc. This is pretty much my dream, with respect to dog ownership! Having my 2 girls living with me is perfect, and we will have a foster soon too. Living the dream! :thumbsup:

While sometimes I wish the yard was bigger (we have a small courtyard out the back) I actually love going to the park, and there are plenty of parks and a river close by.

I've love to not be allergic to dogs, so I could have any breed I wanted. But on the other hand, I don't know how I'd ever choose between them all, so.. having my options limited isn't so bad after all. I'm happy with my Poodles!

I'd love to have about 5 acres in Tasmania, not too far from the Coast with luxury dog runs so I could foster lots of greyhounds for Greyhound Haven Tasmania....if she'd let me :provoke: :)

Edited by stans mum

Bigger block of land and a more dog friendly house. A car that could that could tow a decent dog trailer and a campervan so when we go away we can all be in comfort.

OH would like a hydrobath at home lol!

I'd love to have about 5 acres in Tamania, not too far from the Coast with luxury dog runs so I could foster lots of greyhounds for Greyhound Haven Tasmania....if she'd let me :provoke: :)

:D

Note to self.. when buying Bosley-sized box to send to Rebanne, also buy Doug-sized box..

I would have a big main yard with 3 dog yards in there. One for mum and dads dog when they go away, and 2 for my own dogs (kaos and puppy next year) I would also have a big cat run that could be split in two so mum and dads cat could also say with us when they are aways.

From there i would have another yard with 3 runs and do Bull Terrier rescue. I dont want to save hundreds of dogs, just one or two at a time would be enough for me :)

Im living the dream - wouldnt change any of it except Id pay it off and not have to worry about a mortgage.

yep.

That seems to be the criteria.

The amount of money is irrelevant over a certain criteria.

And that criteria is most often the mortgage.

Anything more than that is a bonus.

I'd either move overseas or move to a nice 20 acre property around Moss Vale with a fantastic grooming room.

I wouldn't say there is a breed I can't afford but I'd like to bring in a few Samoyeds from the worlds top kennels. Maybe import a Eurasier if I could find a breeder I really liked.

I would have it set up for horses as well so would want a reasonable sized block - in fact the 100 acres I have now would be fine just set up how I want it :thumbsup: Indoor arena so I can train both horses and dogs whatever the weather :D I would set up a few 1/4 acre lawned areas for the dogs to be in so they can be separated as needed but still have plenty of room and a kennel area to make it easier for someone else to look after them when we go away. Lawned outside agility area and a groundsman to look after it all!

Dog wise I would stay with the breeds I have now but would import a Finnish Lapphund of different lines :)