My Latest Foster "failure"... Harper

tdierikx

OMG she is just gorgeous :love::love:

All fosters are special, but there is something extra special about a foster failure, and Harper sounds like not only is she extra-special, but she has entered your life at the right time to be even more than that. I am so happy for you (we need a big smacking kiss emoticon here)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of her ears are sitting nicely now - it just happened overnight last night.

... and I've been looking at her eyes more carefully, and yes, they are slightly different shades of blue. The right one is more grey/blue, and the left one is lighter blue. I think they are both pretty though... *grin*

She is such a good girl in the mornings when I have to go to work... she puts herself into her day crate (big enough for a great dane) and waits for me to give her a chicken wing before I leave.

When I get home, she waits for me to let her out of the crate and feed the other 3 dogs, then we have cuddle time...

She is also learning not to jump up for cuddles. She has to sit and look up at me before she gets picked up... any jumping gets the response "sit", and when she does, then we have cuddles.

She's a boot bandit - so I've taken to putting my ugg boots and work boots out of her reach until she can show a little more restraint... lol!

She's very tactile - loves pawing at things before putting her mouth on them. When she decides to mouth my fingers when I'm playing with her, she is very gentle - never actually puts much pressure down.

T.

I'm pretty certain that she's going to have her current eye colour forever... just one a darker shade than the other. I don't mind though - she has very pretty eyes I reckon... especially when she sits so nicely and looks up at me wanting a cuddle... *grin*

T.

She's definitely a unique colouring - I have never seen anything quite like it before, but it's most becoming, don't you think?

It all came together in a perfect little package I reckon. So sign of allergies or anything like that, which can be a concern with a dog of the "blue" variety and of unknown parentage.

So far she's coming along great guns - and I think she's having a growth spurt right now... she's eating like a horse! Last week she was more grazing than eating a meal in one sitting. Puppies can be funny like that I've found - some eat like horses all the time, and some just go up and down as their growth spurts happen.

My fave time of all is in the evenings when I veg out in front of the TV and Harper snuggles up to me and we both end up asleep on the couch... which is what I'm about to go do now... *grin*

T.

That is seriously one of the cutest damn things I've ever, ever seen. She is STUNNING! And it looks like she's going to be quite large too :laugh: what a beautiful little thing! I love the name too - Harper is up the top of my girl names for my next animal :D

That is seriously one of the cutest damn things I've ever, ever seen. She is STUNNING! And it looks like she's going to be quite large too :laugh: what a beautiful little thing! I love the name too - Harper is up the top of my girl names for my next animal :D

I don't think she's going to be too huge Alkhe... I'm tipping about AmStaff height, but maybe not as chunky. She's quite a lean build with long supermodel legs - which makes her feet look bigger than they actually are.

T.