Two Year Old Boy Missing In Mildura

LizT

Just saw on 7 news that he is in hospital being treated for dehydration and hypothermia - I truly hope they keep him there for a few days and that the Parents are really put through the ringer before they get him home....

God Bless his faithful dog.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people don't deserve kids and dogs (pets)...

I am so glad to hear he has been found safe.

Ditto...What the heck is wrong with some people....:mad

They shouldn't be allowed to own dogs, or breed. Irresponsible dog & human owner. :mad

Phew..What a GOOD DOG :) I do hope the family appreciate what has happened .. and keep them both safe now.

Police believe Dante had removed his nappy on a dirt road about 2km into the state forest before continuing.

Sen-Constable Carol Rigby said she and Leading Sen-Constable Greg Lee were about to turn back when they heard a crying child.

"The last time we saw footprints was some way back but we asked ourselves: what if we just go around the next corner?" Sen-Constable Rigby said.

Dante Berry with his mum Bianca Chapman after being found safe about 3km from his home in Mildura. Picture: Attila Szilvasi

She said Dasher then came bounding out and led them to the crying Dante, who was wearing just a long-sleeved top.

:thumbsup:

I'd be a mess if my 12 months old GSD was missing overnight...let alone my baby.

By the sounds of it they aren't on a property either but farmland and reserves are nearby.

Some people are clueless.

Thank you whoever watched over them. :angel:

Edited by LizT

By the sounds of it they aren't on a property either but farmland and reserves are nearby.
<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 17.600000381469727px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">

I know the area a bit .. outskirts of town . Mildura proper is surrounded by fruitblocks ...then bush

Just saw on 7 news that he is in hospital being treated for dehydration and hypothermia - I truly hope they keep him there for a few days and that the Parents are really put through the ringer before they get him home....

Surprised its not worse. We are north of this location and we had a terrific storm go through starting with Thunder and Lightening from 6pm with a heck of a lot of rain (about two inches) added at 2.30am.

If it hit us it would have hit there as well. Would have been absolutely terrifying for the child. Surprised the dog would have hung around. Some of the thunder we got around midnight would have woken the dead.

LizT in that area they would have been on a block. The city proper is a few more k's up the road.

Surprised its not worse. We are north of this location and we had a terrific storm go through starting with Thunder and Lightening from 6pm with a heck of a lot of rain (about two inches) added at 2.30am.

If it hit us it would have hit there as well. Would have been absolutely terrifying for the child. Surprised the dog would have hung around. Some of the thunder we got around midnight would have woken the dead.

LizT in that area they would have been on a block. The city proper is a few more k's up the road.

Iwas in Mildura last night and the storm went around us, we got a bit of rain and could hear thunder but it didn't hit Mildura luckily.

OMG I cannot believe this story. :mad

I am so glad the little boy and Dasher were found safe and well but sh!t, what were his parents thinking? :mad How irresponsible. What if he was bitten by a snake or drowned in a dam or river or something. So many things could of gone wrong. He was already dehydrated and suffering from hypothermia when found, Poor kid. A little longer and it could of been too late.

Thank Dog he had Dasher with him. By the sounds of things, he cares more about the little boy than his parents do, at least he didn't let the little boy out of his sight.

ETA because I hit post too soon. :o

Edited by k9angel

Iwas in Mildura last night and the storm went around us, we got a bit of rain and could hear thunder but it didn't hit Mildura luckily.

Indigirl can you possibly PM me when you get a chance. Thanks.

Edited by yarracully

I am shocked at the rude judgemental comments posted here.

We don't have all the facts and we know how unreliable the media can be. Yet you all seem so ready to blame the parents anyway.... who here lives a perfect life that cannot be judged.......

We don't have all the facts and we know how unreliable the media can be. Yet you all seem so ready to blame the parents anyway.... who here lives a perfect life that cannot be judged.......

The police sargeant made the statement to the media where he regularly wanders off, I am unaware of many police officers making libelous statements to the media in such a stressful time

The sad fact is a 2yr old boy wandered far from home and could of died.

I am not perfect, far from it, but as a mother of 2 young boys myself, I sure as hell would not let either of my boys wander from home. Never.

And from my understanding, it wasn't just a one off incident.

"The child can wander for up to 1km away from home and end up at neighbours who subsequently bring the child back. Unfortunately on this occasion the child’s still missing," Sgt Gary Matthews told 3AW radio.

The sad fact is a 2yr old boy wandered far from home and could of died.

I am not perfect, far from it, but as a mother of 2 young boys myself, I sure as hell would not let either of my boys wander from home. Never.

And from my understanding, it wasn't just a one off incident.

"The child can wander for up to 1km away from home and end up at neighbours who subsequently bring the child back. Unfortunately on this occasion the child’s still missing," Sgt Gary Matthews told 3AW radio.

Far, far from perfect either but I can stand up and proudly say that my children received my 24/7 supervision up until I trustingly handed them over to the Pre-school teacher...then back in my charge until well into Seconday School. Not left with sitters, Grandparents or anyone as babies. Overprotective, exhausted you betcha...but guess what...raised to Adulthood in one piece.

Small children need constant supervision, when mine were young I heard of a two year old left to play in the backyard that hung herself on a frayed towel on the clothelines. TRAGIC. Yes, an accident can happen oh so quickly.

So sick of hearing about toddlers being backed over by the family car in the driveway. If you are not prepared to spend their childhood looking after them....don't have children. Yeah a one off incident that he didn't come home from by himself. They were so lucky.

Edited by LizT