Dry food survey  

173 members have voted

1. 1. What brand kibble do you use?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Labradork

What's Orijen? I haven't heard of it where do you get it from?

I don't think you can get it in Australia any more. Something to do with imported pet food Gamma irradiation.

Aphelion is in NZ.

Edited by Labradork

Guest Labradork

Isn't orijin subjected to irradiation upon entry into Australia?

Lol snap labradork

LOL I was just about to say the same thing.

I have a raw fed dog that really doesn't like any dry food so we don't use any.

I have tried a few. The small bag of Black Hawk I bought several months ago was given to a friend with only a few cups picked over and thrown to the magpies.

I feed Royal Canin, but added to that my brother-in-law put me onto bone dust from the butchers. To explain, you know when you use a saw you get the dust off it and it collects around the saw, butchers actually get the same thing and they call it bone dust. I buy iy for about $1.00 a kilo and my dogs go nuts over it. Where i love it, is the meat isn't usually bloody, it's actually quite dry and crumbly.

I don't think you can get it in Australia any more. Something to do with imported pet food Gamma irradiation.

Aphelion is in NZ.

We don't have many stockist over here. One of the few decent quality foods we don't miss out on I guess! We have a few others like TOTW. Bit sad how expensive they are compared to Canada and the US. I see people there complaining on forums about the prices of those foods, but it really doesn't compare to what we have to pay.

Aphelion is in NZ.

We don't have many stockist over here. One of the few decent quality foods we don't miss out on I guess! We have a few others like TOTW. Bit sad how expensive they are compared to Canada and the US. I see people there complaining on forums about the prices of those foods, but it really doesn't compare to what we have to pay.

Yeah it's not cheap! Where in NZ do you live? :)

Aphelion is in NZ.

Yeah it's not cheap! Where in NZ do you live? :)

I'm in the capital. :)

I've tried a lot of different brands but find they are either too rich or I have to feed too much to keep condition on or too expensive or often unavailable. In the end I just keep going back to hills. It seems to and always has seemed to work well for my dogs.

Is any one here on Proplan Sensitive Skin and Stomach? What have your dogs been like on it?

It seems to be making Abbey a bit slugish and shes put on a 1kg since being on it and thats with me not feeding as much as suggests on the bag.

Im thinking of trying her on Royal Canin or Nutro now... or canidae really im just not sure what to try :confused:

Edited by Tara8430

I use Science Diet but only because we got given heaps of free bags. The brand of dry food doesn't seem to make much difference to my dog, she is happy with anything.

She was on pal puppy for a while and did well on it. Advance puppy was too rich for her and gave her the runs and tummy upsets.

She totally rejected My Dog tins though which I found interesting as she is a food obsessed labrador, so they must be really disgusting.

I used to feed nutro as atlas did really well on it.

Now it's only kaos we are on RC mature. The cats are on RC oral and light mixed together.

They do change around if there is a good special on. But I always go back to RC

I use Science Diet but only because we got given heaps of free bags. The brand of dry food doesn't seem to make much difference to my dog, she is happy with anything.

She was on pal puppy for a while and did well on it. Advance puppy was too rich for her and gave her the runs and tummy upsets.

She totally rejected My Dog tins though which I found interesting as she is a food obsessed labrador, so they must be really disgusting.

My ol girl (black lab also) also found anything out of the can an insult :laugh: oh and it seemed the more expensive the kibble the more i found hidden under hear bed in her kennel i dont know how she did it :confused: She loved her food just not out of a can and dont pay too much beats me.

I can't say I've heard much about it review-wise, but my 3 adult dogs are on Kirkland Signature (the costco brand) and they seem to be thriving on it. Shiny, healthy dogs that don't fart nearly as much as they used to!! :laugh:

The pup is on Black Hawk holistic puppy, it's the first time I've used it and I'm very impressed! For the first couple of days she was on the kirkland signature because I don't have a stock of puppy food lying around just in case I find a puppy and we were expecting her to go home, then I tried a small bag of Canidae but it gave her the runs. Swapped her onto Blackhawk, and she loves it and no runny poops!! :thumbsup: :D In the future I'll probably look at swapping all of them onto Black Hawk, but when 20kg lasts about a month if that between 3 large dogs, it gets a bit pricey.