Things Dog People Get Excited About

mixeduppup

I was chatting to someone last night at my birthday party and was telling them how I found chicken carcasses on special this week and then the next day chicken necks were also on special. This lady doesn't have a dog and was giving me the weirdest expression and then asked if I was going to make soup with them. I told her it was for my dogs and she seemed disinterested :laugh:

I was thinking about other things I get excited about that no one gets. My mum has learnt that a new collar, leads or training books will have me elated all Christmas. When people ask what I want for my Birthday I often ask for something dog related. I asked my sister if she could buy me the entire WKC stud book but she bought me makeup :rofl:

My best friend bought me a huge bag of pigs ears and new dog bowls last year. I was so excited.

So what things do you get excited about, being the crazy dog person you are?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get so delighted & over the top with praise when my puppies piddle on the paper or outside. You would think that they had done a mathematical equation. :laugh:

I can't recall being like this when my children went to the toilet or on a potty.

Its so crazy.

Any time anything featuring a dog in any way is on tv, even ads I've seen 500 times before

When their poos come out right after a bout of upset tummy

When Quinn sits still instead of jumping on a small child - people must wonder why she's getting sooo much praise for just sitting there

:laugh:

Any time anything featuring a dog in any way is on tv, even ads I've seen 500 times before

In my latest book, a copper, lady private detective and woman who hired the private detective are sitting in a park. A fellow walking his dogs allows it to poop and walks on without picking it up. Lady detective tells him to pick it up, he tells her to f**k off, copper gets up and heavy with fellow, fellow gets aggressive, copper flashes his warrant card - LOL. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am off to apply to be a copper so I can get a warrant card.

Sorry, MUP - bit off topic. :laugh:

When their poos come out right after a bout of upset tummy

When Quinn sits still instead of jumping on a small child - people must wonder why she's getting sooo much praise for just sitting there

:laugh:

I am very happy with a decent poo from Stan...ah the simple things :laugh:

When our male puppy cocks his leg for the first time.

When puppy looses his first tooth (that I notice anyway).

When vicdog arrives.

BB

I still have one of Ollie's canines...

I get excited when I discover I have left my bedroom door open and there ar no chicken carcasses or chunks of roo in my bed...

When Ziggy does something that I have been trying to teach him and it honestly feels like he has known how to do it all along and has just been playing games with me.

I love how excited he gets when he realises we are going for a walk, play at the park or even just some backyard training.

I love the way he always rolls over so he is looking at me upside down when he wakes up every morning..

I also love how excited he get when he goes a new toy..

Guest Labradork

When my butcher has kept aside a big bag of lamb leg bones for me.

When Coles has lamb shanks on special.

When my Lab puppy looks into my eyes while I'm speaking to her, rather than at the food/treat/toy I'm holding.

When I tell her to stay on her bed before leaving the room. And when I come back she is still there.

When she chooses a toy from her toy box all by herself and gets on her bed (all by herself).

When she gets back on her bed all by herself after picking up a toy she has dropped on the floor.

When I weigh her at the vet's and she is still at her ideal weight.

When Clean Run ships free.

I'm sure there are heaps more...

Edited by Labradork

When I hear my dog's barks of joy when we pull up and come into the house. When cleanrun has free shipping seen this in another post and could totally relate. There have been so many things over the years that have made me excited with dogs and I have loved them all.

I get excited about all things dog! :laugh:

More recently a freind and I were in pet stock and she spotted the 70% off sign on the dog clothes before I did, needless to say I got a bruised shoulder out of it. Its obvious she gets excited about dog stuff too, she poked me so hard and said OMG look over there! :rofl: I got my girls all terrain coats for $20 Luckily I didn't by them when I first lusted after them at $70!! :laugh:

Just had a phone call from the happy owner of one of my last puppies I bred.

She only took 3 days to learn where the door was and never made another mistake in the house...n she waas only 8 weeks and 3 days old...

YAY!

Think thats what I will miss the most.

The silent phone. Its so quiet around here now.