Things Dog People Get Excited About

mixeduppup

When you have just walked a trailer load of dogs while away at a show and everyone has done their business (including #2!) and is settled down for the night. Also agree with others about the magic of a firm poo after an upset tummy.

The end of a bitch's season. We are on the downhill run now, and there's nothing better than the day where the dogs FINALLY go "eh, meh, whatever"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although on the up side, never have to hear that dreaded word "inherited" again.

one question asked was after having the last vaccination pup went off food for weeks and yep they wondered if it may have been "inherited" from the parents?

I know my child ended up in tepid baths for days after being vaccinated because ran tempretures so high could have gone into convulsions, far as I know thats called reaction to the vaccination.

so what is it? inheritated in dogs, but caused by the injection in humans?????????

In the seconds it took to ask me "could that be an inherited thing", and I THOUGH HO NO!, instant sick to my stomach, now even that is going to be my fault if something has gone wrong with the vaccination? had completly forgotten why opted out in the first place.

my neighbour was fascinated by the conversation,(it was on speakerphone as im rather a bit deaf these days) he was all ears.

Seems he had taken his sons litter of puppies for their vaccinations bar one. (his sister decided she would let hers get older before it was done).

Next morning all but the unvaccinated pup was dead, the vet? Not a clue what had gone wrong.

The live pup was a very inconvenient piece of evidence it wasnt something that had happend at the owners.

Edited by asal

Any time anything featuring a dog in any way is on tv, even ads I've seen 500 times before

When their poos come out right after a bout of upset tummy

When Quinn sits still instead of jumping on a small child - people must wonder why she's getting sooo much praise for just sitting there

:laugh:

Good Grief! Charlie Brown

I can relate to all three.

Bit of a bummer you cant tell anyone how exciting it is to see a NORMAL doo.

After all that worry.

Then finally.......... All nice and firm. Elation.

Edited by asal

So many good ones!

I just spent 4 hours (including travel time) juggling 2 over excited adult dogs (apparently trained) and 1 untrained hyperactive puppy whilst trying out my new remote bumper launcher that I brought back from the US. Had to pull it apart, reverse 2 of the throwers and program it - the sweet, sweet sound and sight of the bumpers launching high into the air and Em flying after them was so exciting i had to ring Mr TSD in Sydney and tell him. Fortunately he understands me and my crazy ways :laugh:

when we pass a grade in Ob classes or finish an agility run and Diva hasn't just bulldozed her way through the jumps but actually jumped (don't care if she still knocks them down it's the thought that counts).

going out and coming back to be told she waited on the mat at the front door for me (when hubby is home he lets me know what everyone's been up too).

Diva kisses when I pick up the lead to take us for a walk or a workout of one kind or another.

When our male puppy cocks his leg for the first time.

:laugh: :laugh: Yep - that's a break out the cigars moment here too :D

I'm still waiting for this...coming up 13 months old :laugh:

was he desexed early? you may be perpetually waiting :laugh:

All things dog here too, and some horse things. anything animal related

When clean run has free shipping excited me too

When my dogs behave and make me look good instead of embarrassing me

When the dogs poop like clock work

When the butcher has the good bones that I like to get for the dogs

New leashes, I have so many different leashes

New collars

The search for the perfect harness

Dog gear bags

Getting a good photo of a dog

When my "dog friends" on FB comment on my dog related statuses because they are the only ones who get it

When our male puppy cocks his leg for the first time.

:laugh: :laugh: Yep - that's a break out the cigars moment here too :D

I'm still waiting for this...coming up 13 months old :laugh:

was he desexed early? you may be perpetually waiting :laugh:

I was hoping my boy, desexed at 3 months, would never cock his leg. Unfortunatly one day he just randomly started doing it when he was about 6 months old, but now it's kinda cute lol

But I did get excited the first few times he did it, because he did it before his entire litter-brothers and I was kind of proud of that lol Plus the first few times he did it, he lost his balance and fell over and I made my OH come and watch because it was so cute.