Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Labradork

Black (Labradors)

Fawn (Pugs)

Pied (French Bulldogs)

Tri-colour (Bernese Mountain dogs, etc)

Also that smokey grey colour in Finnish Lapphunds (not sure what it's called)

Edited by Labradork

Guest donatella

I don't think I have a favourite colour, depends on the dog.

100% this.

ORANGE Poms for the win! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Clover

Anything but a plain brown brindle

Yep it would have to be an exceptional dog for me to have a brindle. Although brindle Dutch shepherds are ok :laugh:.

I was never a fan of white factored Border Collies til i got one of my own. I still would not go out specifically to get one though, again unless the dog was super awesome ;).

This is my fave colour at the moment...

15-12-2012-harper-rex080.jpg

I do like a nice fawn brindle too... or pretty much any brindle will do...

I also like black, blonde, and white with brindle patches... which funnily enough are the colours of my other 3 dogs... *grin*

Any colour is great though...

T.

That is a stunning colour, I am in love <3

Me too. :love:

Here's a better one... for her fans... *grin*

01-01-2013-harper096_zpsbbca9e30.jpg

Ain't she purty?

I never really liked brindle myself until I became involved with rescue and realised how many different brindles there are out there... now I'm a big fan!

T.

Yes she is, I can't understand how people could not love brindles. :confused:

Not fussed, but i have a real interest in mismarks! Some of them are very interesting. I love how genetics play out sometimes. Yes I know they are not desired in the show ring, nor desired in the litter..but they have been known to happen and they are interesting.

If I had to select a color....I like blue merles...a good deep mahogany coat is nice.

In other breeds it depends on the breed as to what colour I prefer it in. AS for my breed, they come in fawn, red and brindle. I dont have a preference really but if I had to choose I'd probably say red. My other fave breed is Dobermann and I prefer black dobes.

Guest donatella

Not a brindle fan here. Reminds me of a pig dog/multi cross mix poundy

You are now off my Xmas card list. :laugh:

Awwww, we all have different tastes, its what keeps the world going round. I bet you'd have a few things to say about my little yappy buggers too :D

I am surprised how many like black and brindle best, I thought supposedly they were meant to both be unpopular colors. I have always loved brindles...

We have a hard time rehoming black greyhounds, definitely.

What a lot of people don't realise is that black is easier to keep clean, seems to shed less (in my experience, anyway) and can look really amazing for fairly minimal work. Keep a black greyhound reasonably trim and the light reflects off movements in the muscles, looks beautiful.

My absolute favourite is black greyhounds with white socks..

Look at his fancy feets :D

Spanna1Med_zps0014e299.jpg

(Panterka's ff, Spanna)

Not a brindle fan here. Reminds me of a pig dog/multi cross mix poundy

You are now off my Xmas card list. :laugh:

Awwww, we all have different tastes, its what keeps the world going round. I bet you'd have a few things to say about my little yappy buggers too :D

Until I met Maggie the Shitzu, I probably would, but now I have a new found love for SWF's. :laugh:

We have a liver Field Spaniel and a black Field with a white chest and I just love the mix. I love lots of different colours, depending on the breed, including, the deepest of reds, red and white, fawn, brindle, tri, black and tan...