Run Free, Oi.

persephone

'Oi'

Funny looking, crazy dog ...she couldn't greet anyone without her chewed up soccerball in her mouth..she loved to hear her own voice ...and was such a good worker .! Middle aged only ..just starting to settle into seriously good thinking and being pro-active...

She was chained in the best spot, under a huge pine tree, where she had been born, actually ! She always had cool sand and shelter from the cold southerlies there ..she hated a kennel ..would rip up her bedding and sleep curled up in a little 'den' she dug.

Obviously this morning, a snake also found the cool sand attractive... and didn't want company. :( :(

Oi, Oi will be very much missed , and leave a hole in the team of workers.

I hope she has found her family members over the bridge , and maybe also a chewed up plastic soccer ball .

:cry:

Thanks folks... yes, we have multiple dogs ...but they are all individuals... she was wacky :) I will miss her carry -on :(

About the only snakes we get here are browns ... so presumably that's what it was.

There are so many watering spots around about... away from dogs ... I guess sometimes the snakes just go to the closest... just in our yard (mind you, it's an acre) there are 6 water points that the dogs hardly use .... then there are 3 troughs all within 50 mtrs of the house ...

I need more guinea fowl!!!

:cry: Sorry for your loss, persephone, what a crappy start to the New Year :( <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);"><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">Things can only get better :crossfingers:

Agree, there !