A Second Syd Series- Your Suggestions Please

I am about to write a second "So Your Dog Series". For those not aware the first SYD series covered topics including

So Your Dog Pulls on the lead

So Your Dog is Destructive

So Your Dog toilets in the house

So Your Dog doesn't come when called

So Your Dog Jumps Up

We would like to encourage suggestions for topics for the second series. These information sheets are available at no cost to rescue groups, pet supply stores, veterinary clinics etc. Please post your suggestions here.

Edited by Cosmolo

'So your dog ignores your commands'.

I am forever coming across owners saying their dog has a mind of their own and doesnt listen (and it turns out to be simple things where owner is at fault for poor directionand incorrect signalling etc).

I am forever coming across owners saying their dog has a mind of their own and doesnt listen (and it turns out to be simple things where owner is at fault for poor directionand incorrect signalling etc).

Are you talking about P Plate drivers, Panto :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry Cosmolo :o

So your dog mouths

Something utilising the whos that concept maybe So your dog needs to learn to greet calmly.

BTW have found these invaluable to pass on as a resource to our new carers/adopters(especially those taking puppies) along with the other training material we supply. Also it allows us an opening to discuss contacting this or another training resource if they have something they want to work specifically on at a later date :D

Edited by cami

So your dog doesn't seem to understand English

or Could my dog be deaf?

Sorry...not helping I know but the selective understanding/hearing loss drives me crazy. They do it on purpose!

Mouthing. I've had a few of the small terriers lately who bite at your hands and clothes for attention. They're not biting, just mouthing but it's annoying and persistent with little drama queens.

So Your Dog needs to lose weight.

Spent the evening yesterday with a lovely Staffordshire BT, adored by his owner (and most other people) who could lose at least 5kg and possibly a bit more - owner can't see it though...."but he already eats less than it says on the bag", "he hasn't been for a walk for a while", "but he's always asking for food", "he steals the cat's food all the time". :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks for those. Much as i would like to write one re: losing weight, it is likely that we will stay away from anything health related, given these sheets will be given out by a number of vets who may all have their own ideas about obesity etc.