Dog Hair And Car Upholstery A Lifelong Partnership

Kirislin

How do you get dog hair out of car carpets and upholstery? I've got a dyson and it's making lots of noise but not showing much in the way of results. I'm trying to give my car a really really good clean and all I'm getting is a sore back and hot 'n sweaty. I'm going to try rubbing a damp cloth over it to see if that works, but if anyone's got any brilliant ideas, please tell me now.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a damp cloth for the car, I have leather seats so fortunately I just have to worry about the floors as it vaccums right off the seats! Also those sticky lint removers help, but obviously dont get anything beyond whats sitting on the surface.

Dog hair and cleaning: A lifelong battle!

hehehe I am keeping an eye out on the coupon websites for a discounted car detail

I'm sure they will refuse after the see it!

I gave my old wagon to a friend who had a farm and was going to mod it out in all manner of illegal ways for roo shooting - years later he told me how he bundled his 3 kids in the back and they were still complaining about dog hair! hahahaha

I can't sell my car given how much hair is in it

The Samoyed hair is easy, that just wipes right off with a damp cloth or lint brush.

Labrador hair on the other hand is the bane of my existence. It sticks to everything and so far nothing has managed to remove it all. I've given up at this stage :laugh:

I have leather seats, can't live without them and Labrador hair!!

Saying that though, try a Decor electrostatic broom (or brush, for cars or small areas). They are magic with dog hair in fabrics!

RS, where did you get the broom from? I've never been able to find one.

I only managed to get about 70% out with a lot of vigorous vacuuming with the dyson and mini turbine head. In some parts I gave up and just plucked it out as it was so woven into the fabric! I think one of those sticky rollers may have worked better in some parts. But that got it to a decent enough level to sell without dog hair everywhere!

I was told years ago that wet rubber gloves and rub over the carpet. It is supposed to work apparently told to a friend from a car detailer. Don't know if it works as the last car I sold went to the wreckers and I didn't have the problem. Good luck.

I have leather seats, can't live without them and Labrador hair!!

Saying that though, try a Decor electrostatic broom (or brush, for cars or small areas). They are magic with dog hair in fabrics!

RS, where did you get the broom from? I've never been able to find one.

Bunnings, and also Target. I got mine from Target :)