Em The Actor!

Last year, my Em was cast in a short film and I've just seen the final cut. Of course, I was delighted that her scene opened the movie but was surprised and impressed with the creativity of the director/producer Nick Barber. It's a sweet story about the relationship a family has with their pets. Em plays the role of Nick's beloved spaniel on his last trip to the veterinary clinic. A scene of me playing with Em in between takes is also included but it's really natural so it didn't freak me out too much :laugh: Em nailed just about every take and I was delighted with her - it was quite an overwhelming setting for a dog used to doing a lot of distance training! Special mention must go to the actor who played Nick, Zak Marrinan, who took the time to get to know Em and was happy to back chain a few moves with her prior to filming - his extra effort made everything go more smoothly.

I can't share a link to the film as public screenings would make it ineligible for Nick to enter it in film festivals.

However I can link to the Facebook site: http://www.facebook.com/CharlieTheFilm?ref=ts&fref=ts

These photos are from Em's shoot:

And here are some lovely stills of Em doing her very best "sad" face:

Keep an eye out for screenings and feel free to like the Facebook site :)

WOW TSD I got teary just looking at the pics :laugh:

But WOW what a superstar Em is - she looks like an absolute natural in those pics. What a very clever girl :thumbsup: I'm so proud of her so no doubt your just about bursting with pride.

Well done EM!!

I knew dog people would understand :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone :) Of course I'm dreadfully biased but she really is a darling little thing. I just hope this new found stardom doesn't go to her head! It's tough enough having Zig being Josh Thomas' new best friend :D Can you imagine the state of the red carpet by the time they've finished with it - oh the mud and the hair :laugh:

DD - regarding the Rainbow Bridge scene, it was actually fine (to my surprise) because I was so busy concentrating on Em that it really didn't dawn on me. That scene was shot in a vet clinic so space was tight! I was flattened up against a wall trying to keep out of the way but in the best position to give her visual cues and look in the right direction.

Thanks griff :D

DD - yes, that's a rather fun part! The trick is, though, to focus 100% on the dog - in the right place, doing the right thing, looking the right way, reward the right behaviour (makes the next 10 takes easier :laugh:) and keep them cool and relaxed under the hot lights and around lots of unfamiliar people/dogs. This is a "making of" video of the shoot Ziggy did with Josh Thomas that you might enjoy. It always amazes me the "vision" the director/designer/photographer has....feels nothing like that on the day!