Missing Chinese Cresteds

SwaY

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read on another forum of a whippet that was missing for a week after running off chasing a deer. She returned to the last place her owner saw her and was picked up by a man who saw her "lost" poster.

I'm really hoping this little dog does the same. I just hope she's not lying somewhere injured. Every time I see a new reply on this thread I look, hoping to see good news. :crossfingers:

Edited by Kirislin

I've been following the FB page as well. The people must be exhausted. :cry::cry:

It is hard to believe that so many people can be out searching and no sign or her at all. It is a big big area and dogs can travel very quickly, particularly when they are scared and spooked.

It must be such a harrowing thing to go through, for anyone who loses a pet or has one stolen. But to be involved in a smash they way these people were, they have to put their own shock and fears aside to concentrate on finding their dogs.

Hopefully Cyan will be hungry enough to come out of hiding is that is what she is doing.

I just read on another forum of a whippet that was missing for a week after running off chasing a deer. She returned to the last place her owner saw her

This what Borzoi are known to do, run madly then work their way back to their place last seen, even if it takes days. I found two lost Borzoi years ago following that principle, they had been out lost for 2 weeks.

I keep hoping that is what this dog will do, but she could be down a hole, injured, or picked up by someone passing through I guess. At least the weather has been relatively mild and there is a lot of water in the area. I really hope she is found, so heartbreaking for all concerned.

Yes a few people have said that she may go back to where she last saw her humans. I once had a kelpie cross who I'd often loose out in the bush chasing kangaroos, she'd always come back to the place she last saw me, even though our home was close. But these dogs probably didn't last see their humans at the accident scene, all they know was they were happily traveling home when BANG and their world fell apart. Poor things. Hoping Cyan is found soon.

The last missing dog is only five months old. Would such a young dog have the ability to return to the crash scene or make their way home?

It is really sad that she's out there by herself. I was so sure the last two would be found together.

My Em took off after a rabbit in the forest one late afternoon (turns out her recall disappears a month before coming into season). I was out there until it was pitch black with a torch and a whistle and walked everywhere....finally she came trotting towards me on the exact same path/area that she took off from.

I've been watching this thread - such an awful situation with a better outcome than I expected. Really hope it gets even better.

Do you know what the psychic said DD because I had the following pop into my head about it the other day (and it is still clearly there). No idea if it is right because I don't know the area but here goes.

Cyan ran north after the accident quite a long way due to adrenalin and fear. She ended up on the southbound side of the road where a truck and like a combi van were camped out. The truck driver picked her up and took her home because she was distressed and in the middle of nowhere. But the truck actually headed north (even though it stopped on the south bound side). The driver took the pup home and lives in a smallish town several hours (2 - 3 north). The family love the dog as they have never seen a crested before. They have young children. The truck driver will stop off at that same roadside rest stop again so if the family find it and they leave signs there they will be reunited. The driver simply doesn't know about micro-chipping and the like so saw a distressed dog and simply wanted to help it. In my mind the rest stop is the type where there is one on either side of the road. I can't see toilets but I can see green bins and it is reddish kind of dirt. The travellers in the combi type van might also see something about Cyan but of course don't know where the truck driver took her. I feel she is safe and well.

Could be wrong!

Do you know what the psychic said DD because I had the following pop into my head about it the other day (and it is still clearly there). No idea if it is right because I don't know the area but here goes.

Cyan ran north after the accident quite a long way due to adrenalin and fear. She ended up on the southbound side of the road where a truck and like a combi van were camped out. The truck driver picked her up and took her home because she was distressed and in the middle of nowhere. But the truck actually headed north (even though it stopped on the south bound side). The driver took the pup home and lives in a smallish town several hours (2 - 3 north). The family love the dog as they have never seen a crested before. They have young children. The truck driver will stop off at that same roadside rest stop again so if the family find it and they leave signs there they will be reunited. The driver simply doesn't know about micro-chipping and the like so saw a distressed dog and simply wanted to help it. In my mind the rest stop is the type where there is one on either side of the road. I can't see toilets but I can see green bins and it is reddish kind of dirt. The travellers in the combi type van might also see something about Cyan but of course don't know where the truck driver took her. I feel she is safe and well.

Could be wrong!

I would take yours LG over the other psychic. The other one was just full of vague generalities that would apply to any dog lost in a similar area. Ps. may I crosspost your reply to the facebook group LG?

Edited by gillbear