Food Aggression Towards The Cats

CollieChaos

Thankyou everyone for your constant judging, and close minded behaviour. This will be my last post on this forum. I will not update you on his progress, all I will say is that the trainer we have seen today is going to help us in correcting his undesirable behaviour. I will never get rid of him, or any of my animals for behaviours that can be corrected with time and patience (or for any other stupid reason you might come up with).

This forum has never been helpful for me at all. No threads that I have made have helped answer any questions I have had in a productive manner. You have all made assumptions on my character, and my animals based on no solid information.

I was warned to stay away from this forum because of the nasty, judgmental, non-progressive ways, and I wish I had of listened.

Maybe if some of you pulled the stick out, you would learn that not everyone has the same set of ideals for their animals, and that not everyone wants their animals to act in the same way. Some people find different behaviours unacceptable.

Also, Keetamouse, if you read back in the thread, there are several references of human behaviors for the dogs made by other members, but none by me.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou everyone for your constant judging, and close minded behaviour. This will be my last post on this forum. I will not update you on his progress, all I will say is that the trainer we have seen today is going to help us in correcting his undesirable behaviour. I will never get rid of him, or any of my animals for behaviours that can be corrected with time and patience (or for any other stupid reason you might come up with).

This forum has never been helpful for me at all. No threads that I have made have helped answer any questions I have had in a productive manner. You have all made assumptions on my character, and my animals based on no solid information.

I was warned to stay away from this forum because of the nasty, judgmental, non-progressive ways, and I wish I had of listened.

Maybe if some of you pulled the stick out, you would learn that not everyone has the same set of ideals for their animals, and that not everyone wants their animals to act in the same way. Some people find different behaviours unacceptable.

Also, Keetamouse, if you read back in the thread, there are several references of human behaviors for the dogs made by other members, but none by me.

Well I never said anything rude to you in my post at all.

Didn't think I did either. Oh well.

I have a 1.5 yr old GSD and a 6 yr old Balinese (semi longhaired Siamese) I do not allow them to eat together alone EVER! I learnt my lesson early on when the cat walked over to steal the food of (my then) puppy- puppy snapped and marked the cats face. The cat was lucky- the cat didn't learn from it either so I make sure the cat never gets to the dogs food, because oneday the cat could end up dead- it won't be the dogs fault- it will be mine.

They're feed separately :) or if feeding treats I supervise and make sure the cat never approaches the dog.

Didn't think I did either. Oh well.

Neither did I....

I think you're being idealistic. You're negating the dog's natural behaviour because you have an idea of how you want it to behave rather than how it naturally behaves. A dog's meal should be a time of peace, not a lesson in anxiety and aggression, with both you and a cat hovering around it. No training needs to be done apart from the dog being left by itself to eat.

Edited by mixeduppup

Good luck :) Just a shame that it is the breed close to my heart that is going to suffer & probably become a cowering, submissive, timebomb :cry: Please don't take it out on your dog when it kills your first rat :( And when the cat gives him a nasty scratch on the nose for trying to eat in peace, make sure you get a trainer in for the cat.

I am not at all interested in finding out what this special trainer does or does not do to solve the problem, as I can hardly see it being done by "positive reinforcement" :o

Put yourself in your dogs position. If Joe Blow came into your house and picked up your jewellery, tv, car keys and bank cards and then asked you for your pin would you allow that? What would you do if Joe said well bad luck I don't want to stop, get a little more assertive or just say oh ok knock yourself out.

I'm guessing you would get more assertive even aggressive if you felt the need, your dog is doing the same, not giving out the pin no and not allowing his most prized possesion to be taken and is acting the only way he knows how to prevent it.

Why is it people start threads and then when given solid advice they get defensive and then pull out the old " I was warned about this forum " :shrug: Membership continues to climb rapidly so it can't be too bad.

My greyhounds are fed seperately as Stan is not a caring, sharing kind of guy when it comes to food. What's his is his and what's Maddies is also his and if that baby gate wasn't there not only would she not get anything to eat but if she went sniffing around his he would not be a happy camper. I manage the situation by separating them, it's the only way for us and it's pretty simple.