Vale Sweetie - You Will Be Missed Darling Girl...

tdierikx

Sweetie from NSWAR passed peacefully whilst having a nanna nap today.

Sweetie came to us a while back - and from the minute she arrived, we knew that she was never really going to be a rehoming prospect. She had some wounds that required daily cleaning, and although she didn't like the process, she tolerated us doing it. Once the wounds had healed, it became evident that she had a few medical and mental issues that were going to make her somewhat harder to place than the average rescue dog - so the decision was made to let Sweetie decide what she wanted...

Sweetie settled into the daily routine with little bother - except at grooming time, when she would try to eat the clippers while making the funniest "ay! ay!" barks.

Sweetie had a dicky ticker, was almost completely blind and deaf, arthritic, and was suffering from the early stages of dementia - but she loved her daily toddles with her carers - and dog help us all if breakfast, lunch, or dinner was served a little late!

Sweetie taught me a few things whilst she was with us...

She taught me that not all small white fluffies bite.

She taught me that old dogs have just as much to give as younger dogs.

She taught me to treasure the time we all have, and to enjoy it to the full - no matter what.

Sweetie, you funny old munchkin, run free and healthy in the sunshine now baby.

There's a new star in the sky tonight - shining strong and bright...

T.

Age & frailty couldn't take Sweetie's gentleness & big attitude away from her. And NSWAR folk loved her for it. She'd expect you to continue how she trained you .... to get those doggie meals served on the dot.

Here's something to remind you that her wonderful spirit will never leave (click to enlarge):

post-3304-0-11359600-1369130458_thumb.jpg

Edited by mita

I met Sweetie earlier this year. She was a gorgeous white fluffy who had some attitude! It was clear she was loved and doted on by all at NSWAR. She got to go on her little walks and was often carried like royalty all around the grassed area and enjoyed the sunshine and all the sights and smells of the great outdoors. The sign on her door said it all. "Sweetie gets what Sweetie wants." She was totally adored by all her carers. My heart goes out to the many who loved and devoted themselves to Sweetie. She knew she was special and that she was loved. Vale Sweetie. Run free restored to your former youth in the sunshine, Miss Sweetie. Deepest sympathy to Lynn and Tracey and all at NSWAR. Until we meet again Sweetie xox.

I met Sweetie earlier this year. She was a gorgeous white fluffy who had some attitude! It was clear she was loved and doted on by all at NSWAR. She got to go on her little walks and was often carried like royalty all around the grassed area and enjoyed the sunshine and all the sights and smells of the great outdoors. The sign on her door said it all. "Sweetie gets what Sweetie wants." She was totally adored by all her carers. My heart goes out to the many who loved and devoted themselves to Sweetie. She knew she was special and that she was loved. Vale Sweetie. Run free restored to your former youth in the sunshine, Miss Sweetie. Deepest sympathy to Lynn and Tracey and all at NSWAR. Until we meet again Sweetie xox.

It's not going to be the same place without Sweetie... *sigh*

A friend of mine made some gorgeously soft blankies for Sweetie a couple of years back, and they became Sweetie's fave blankies - dog help you if you made up her beddies without her fave blankies on top! She would stand in front of the bed and bark at it until you put HER blankie on it... and once it was on, she had to scrunch it "just so" until it was how she liked it...

Sweetie was the first dog I named at NSWAR. She came to us with an apparently bitey history and had a red collar to indicate same. I wasn't informed of the red collar inference and was asked to go get her out of the run so we could clean her wounds. When I asked why she had a collar on, I was told that she had come to us with a history of biting... and they'd sent ME (the terrified of bitey small dogs person) to fetch her in for her treatment! Well - the collar came off that day, I named her Sweetie, and she never bit anyone from that day on... so there!

Vale Sweetie - you will always live in my heart baby girl.

T.

Oh poo. I'm all teary now!

Beautiful girl may you be busy sunning yourself over the rainbow bridge, lying on one of your favourite blankets and being hand fed your favourite treats. What a wonderful way to leave this earth - during your nanna nap. XXX

lillypilly has been Sweetie's primary carer - but everyone at the rescue had her wormed completely into our hearts.

If not for lillypilly's wonderful care of "our" old girl, I don't think she would have had those great 5 years to enjoy to the fullest.

I do love the fact that she passed peacefully during one of her fave things... a nanna nap... very dignified right to the end.

T.