British Bulldog

chevy72

I have just seen an ad advertised on Trading post for a lilac BB pup $15000 :eek: thought maybe a typo but apparently not.. I could buy a lilac car for that price..lol Is this what the colour is worth and will people actually pay this sort of money??

How do you breed a lilac dog

More money grubbing puppy farmers - no doubt there will be idiots who will pay these prices for something as insubstantial and foolish as an unacceptable colour

Edited by Sandra777

Maybe there was an extra zero on the price by accident?

Perhaps, but the cynic in me thinks not. There's a heck of lot of 'rare' being pushed in the ad.

I thought the BB standard called for a black nose and dark eyes? There's a lot of photos in the ad showing a liver coloured nose and very pale eyes. The colour doesn't look 'lilac' to me either. Hopefully a BB person can clarify.

Maybe there was an extra zero on the price by accident?

I doubt it. They were pushing the rarity quite heavily. The sire and dam were imports and it seems that they 'lucked out' with the offspring showing some remarkable rare colouring.

Who knows if it is legit as far as BB colours go but they are advertising them as desexed, registered, chipped and vaccinated.

Edited by ~Anne~

I don't know if this is a stupid question but how do they know what colours they are going to get if the puppies aren't even born yet - and I don't think the colours ( Lilac or Black ) are recognised here ( yet ) - If they're not recognised can they still register the pups?

I don't know if this is a stupid question but how do they know what colours they are going to get if the puppies aren't even born yet - and I don't think the colours ( Lilac or Black ) are recognised here ( yet ) - If they're not recognised can they still register the pups?

I doubt they are registered breeders with dogs that look like that.

But I did wonder How they can predict the colour of the pups.

Edited by minimax

Doubt they will find many Australians prepared to pay that sort of money for a dog.... no matter how rare...... unless of course the dog can actually talk or poo gold nuggets.

:rofl:

Please Troy, give us a "like" option.

The ad actually states the puppies will be desexed before going to their new home. Hardly the actions of a big bad puppy farmer.

naw,just making sure they are the only ones you can supply such a rare colour. Wouldn't want anyone else cashing in.