Confused As To What To Do Next?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just been reading this thread this afternoon as I've been away for a few days. It's been very hard to see to read the last few pages. :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear of Joey's passing. What a beautiful little boy he was & so loved by you & your oh. RIP dear Joey. :rainbowbridge:

We went through a similar situation last year when my son's 12 y/o dog Sooty passed away at the end of October & then 11 days later my mother in law passed away. It will get easier as time passes & you re-live all your memories of Joey. Take care of Renae & little Myia.

Edited by luvsdogs

Thank you Everyone x

Pers, Im going okish..i have times when i feel sort of ok than i have sudden outbursts of tears. And because hes buried here, I keep looking over at that area, and theres a part of me that wants to go dig him back out and pretend hes still alive and perfect still !

I think its been made difficult this was all so sudden. And of course I keep going through my mind and same with my husband.. was there something more we could have done (well apart from what we did do).. when we noticed little signs of him not being right a while back like him not wanting to jump up on the couch easily etc . We feel angry that one of the vets was so adamant it was just bad arthritis and only suggested the cartrophen injections,,.

At the end of the day if he did have a brain/neck tumour as what was eventually suspected, the outcome would have been the same regardless.. especially if it had been an aggressive one.

I still see his waggy tail and saying his goodbyes to me on the day. I also highly suspect that He may have passed away later that day or the next anyway as Renae was really nestling into him more than usual, and My Mum who had been staying for a few days said she went to pat him and he was quite cold ( she didnt tell me that till later)

I remember asking the Universe to give me signs of when to give him his wings and i was upset because I couldnt really see them strongly, but now after I know there were signs, I just didn't want to acknowledge them..crying.gif

He was such a happy go lucky kind of dog, and right to the end too..

Renae looks around for him often .. Ive been trying to distract her as much as i can..

Someone said they are going buy us a rose bush for Joey's memorial area. Its called Just Joey and its an apricot colour. His registered name was Just As I Am. Joey . I think thats a sign :)

Miah has been a really good distraction for us.

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

..You will LOVE the Just Joey rose .. I think it may be a climber ? It is beautiful. How lovely.

Glad things are tootling along as they should ... it will be a sad time ..and that's fine :)

Miah will be a blessing to Renae and to you - ..and we do need more photos of her now ;)

I'll try to put up more pics of Miah later. Shes got a beautiful outgoing confident temperament, very smart and very independent but super hyperactive lol

I don't know much about roses, im hoping it will be hardy as i dont have a green thumb and our soil is horrible here. I did read via google its supposed to be heat and disease resistant.. hope so ! :)

Hi Jules,

Have been watching this thread all week trying to find the right words. Its been an incredibly difficult week for you with Joey passing and I was so sad too - and as well for me a rescue friends beloved westie died suddenly earlier this week and my best friends rescue cav died today suddenly, from the scourge of cav heart disease, while they were overseas (her 19 year old daughter has coped well with the loss of her mother's rescue cav). So its hard to know what to say or when to say it.

I was so sorry for you and Michael to see Joey had died. He was a beautiful little man and he had a wonderful life with you all. And he'll watch over you until you join him, wherever you believe that is angel2.gif.

Take care and you know where to find me if there's anything I can do.

Big hugs hug.gifhug.gif.