Browsing Rescue Sites.

Blackdogs

So I have this thing about browsing rescue sites. I can't realistically have any more dogs right now but it doesn't stop me from regularly browsing and fantasising about all the awesome dogs I would have if I could.

Does anyone else do this?

I currently have my eye on this little one http://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/222300 who sounds like just my type of dog and is bloody adorable to boot.

Do you currently have your eye on a particular dog? Which dog would you have if you could? Show me your link!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hankodie

I browse the golden retriever rescue site quite often. I have no idea why, it's an absolute mad house here with 2 young dogs! As I'm typing this my GR puppy is alternating between terrorising my frenchie and ransacking the laundry basket so he can fling the contents everywhere. I had someone come and give me a quote earlier today and my puppy came trotting out of the bedroom proudly carrying my undergarments in his mouth! :eek:

Ahem yes, perhaps now is not the right time, but maybe in the future....

Yes, I regularly browse through all the available dogs - I am a rescuer and like to know what's out there as I get quite a few enquiries from people overwhelmed by the amount of dogs available so I try and help them and have rehomed quite a few dogs from other rescue groups in this way.

I'm tempted myself when looking at dogs with other groups but usually manage to resist ... pound sites are a different matter!

My boy went into the pound with a girlfriend but since she didn't have issues she was quickly adopted. He was so sad when I got him that I searched for her hoping she might be resurrendered. I don't know if he would recognize her now so if I saw her it would be a tough decision. Still I keep looking.

I've stopped. I just got more and more upset and depressed. Having said that, I'm down to foster for sighthound rescues. I keep reminding myself that I have three wonderful greys who have a home for life. And I can't save them all, much as I'd like to.

Yes, I regularly browse through all the available dogs - I am a rescuer and like to know what's out there as I get quite a few enquiries from people overwhelmed by the amount of dogs available so I try and help them and have rehomed quite a few dogs from other rescue groups in this way.

I'm tempted myself when looking at dogs with other groups but usually manage to resist ... pound sites are a different matter!

Well done on all your hard work. :)