Where Do You Bathe Your Dogs?

Guest hanko

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel a bit mean - mine are done with the hose outside :laugh: Then they are put in the sun to dry before being brushed and allowed inside or to run around.

You're not the only meanie Kavik :laugh:

Oh good I'm not the only one that uses a hose!!! :rofl:

I can never understand how they spend time getting hosed by the girlchild and think it's awesome, throw themselves in front of the hose while I water the plants but if I go to bath them the hose is a mortal enemy!

Mine don't really get proper baths. The young guy has only had one bath in 2 & 1/2 years. They both swim in the pool every day & if Bindi happens to have rolled in something (Cricket doesn't do that), then I will hose her down first, put her in the pool, then soap her up & back in she goes to wash it off. I have a little part of the veranda sectioned off & she goes into that till she is dry, then she is allowed in the house. Cricket just rolls around in the garden, but his fur is such that by the afternoon he is squeaky clean again. :)

if it's warm, it's a hose out the back, if cold then it's in the bath tub. Both my dogs hop in the bath when told and I have a couple of those non slip mats down for them to stand on. I use a hose attachment to the taps. They get bathed quite often for showing.

Guest hankodie

Thanks for your replies all :D I think I'm going to give the hydrobath a go, he really is quite smelly! I can see this ending in disaster but I'll let everyone know how I go :laugh:

Guest hankodie

I know they're a small breed... But I bath mine in the bathtub. :D

Hahahahhahahahaha that photo is too much Anne :rofl: adorable

1. Drop dogs at groomer

2. Pick them up a few hours later.

They are mini schnauzers and get groomed every 6 weeks - I don't bath them in between visits. This seems to work well although Lucy has rolled in something, so bring on next weekend!

1. Drop dogs at groomer

They are mini schnauzers and get groomed every 6 weeks - I don't bath them in between visits. This seems to work well although Lucy has rolled in something, so bring on next weekend!

Plush Puppy Wonder Wash is good for that Megan. You just spray some on the area and then rub with a towel. Stink gone.

http://www.petnetwork.com.au/plush-puppy-wonder-wash-500ml/

Edited by JulesP

Guest donatella

1. Drop dogs at groomer

Yes this!

They come back looking and smelling amazing!

Summer it's a hose job outside. Winter is in the bath. Either way it kills my back to bend over (not the bending, the straightening up after! I nearly got stuck bent over yesterday after washing both dogs!).

I have a hydro bath at my work but being 1/2 hour/30kms from home I don't really use it, I probably will once I move in to town as it's raised and I won't have to bend.

1. Drop dogs at groomer

Plush Puppy Wonder Wash is good for that Megan. You just spray some on the area and then rub with a towel. Stink gone.

http://www.petnetwork.com.au/plush-puppy-wonder-wash-500ml/

Thanks. I only noticed because there were some fireworks the other night and she climbed under the covers for a cuddle. My heart melted then my nose almost did too...

I have to ask, how did you teach the lying down until you are dry part? Nova goes NUTS after he is bathed, mostly involving rubbing agains't every surface he can find, I generally get him to calm down by holding out a towel and he comes to rub on it, then lays down when he realises towel = big drying cuddles.

Just obedience I guess? When and if I give a command it needs to be followed until I say otherwise. So if I lie them down in a certain spot they have to stay there until released. We teach this to all dogs upon arrival, first starting off teaching them to lie down on their beds and go there when told, not leaving the bed unless we release them (I use "off you go" as release phrase). A leash helps a great deal when first teaching the dog obedience since you can control them directly without having to catch them. Every time they make a move to get up, they are corrected. They become reliable enough to lie on the mat even while I am having my own shower, they stay on their bed in the house even while I'm cooking dinner etc.

I don't let any of the dogs run or play inside the house either because chances of running into stuff and breaking things are too great with the size house and number of dogs we have. All playing and running is done outside (the dogs spend most of the time outside anyway, only really come inside to watch TV and then go to bed).

Edited by BlackJaq

Well now I know where you live :laugh: go to Erina Heights vet and use their hydrobath. It's really easy to use, I threw both of mine in there together a few weeks ago and for $10 you get a wash, condition, some sort of coat shine thing and a tick and flea rinse. One of the girls will show you how it works :)

Guest hankodie

Well now I know where you live :laugh: go to Erina Heights vet and use their hydrobath. It's really easy to use, I threw both of mine in there together a few weeks ago and for $10 you get a wash, condition, some sort of coat shine thing and a tick and flea rinse. One of the girls will show you how it works :)

whaddaya know stans mum, we share the same vet too! :laugh: the girls there are so great. I'm forever calling them and coming in for the most ridiculous reasons though, yesterday it was because Hank ate a cardboard Cruskits box so I called them up in a panic :rofl: and I'm always coming in for Odie's weird health issues, I'm convinced they think I'm a little bit of a nutty dog lady!

Thanks for the tip, I think I will bring him there over the weekend! Do you know if the hydrobath there has a drying station?

I have a professional grooming set up at work that I can use whenever I want, however usually I just bathe them in my regular tub at home. as great as the set up at work is, when I bathe my dogs its usually on a whim, I just do it when the mood strikes, and I cant always just hop in the car and drive to work when the mood strikes!(3 adults in my house-1 car) :laugh:

Elsie goes in the shower too :) She has only been on the receiving end of a cold hose off once, when she covered herself in (human) baby poo and I had to borrow a hose from a builder to get the worst of it off before I would take her home.