Sometimes, Just Sometimes

trinabean

Every day for the last couple of years, my early morning walk with Bruno has taken us past a house that has been problematic.

Not the terrible/scary sort of neighbours that I've had once before (off their heads on meth, abusive and hurling rubbish and drug paraphernalia over our fence). But this house was one with a grumpy dog and owners who didn't see the need to shut their front gates. Over the years we've been rushed and forced onto the road quite a few times by this dog, he has to be forcibley dragged back by his owner into their yard. Talking to the owners got us nowhere (except an earful of abuse) and in the end I reported them and let the council deal with them.

So imagine my joy this morning, when I saw the property vacant and a big fat 'For Lease' sign on the verge. No more 'running the gauntlet' of number 71!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Awesome!! Wish the neighbours down the road from my place would up and leave. 2 human aggressive dogs that have been out the front several times. In the end, I was too afraid to walk my dogs because I wouldn't want my dogs involved the next time they tried to take a chunk out of my leg!

Thats great news :)

There is a house like that round the corner from us. Young family though with a very cranky Labradore that they just let roam every morning. My heart starts to race just thinking about trying to walk by We are usually too fast for him but he is very cunning & sneaks up from behind to try & bite Sonny. It is so unsettling though. I totally sympathise with you.

I hope they don't move to Qld, Trina. :) This week long-term owner of house at the back has moved to NSW. He owned racing greyhounds that we all loved, including our small dogs and Dook, the American Bulldog pup on the other side.

Terribly worried about who will move in... talk of it being rented. We saw a bloke there yesterday & he leaned over the fence and gave huge pats to Dook, who kept bringing him his ball. News went around the neighbourhood fast. If that's the new owner ... it's a good sign ... he likes dogs! :)

Awesome!! Wish the neighbours down the road from my place would up and leave. 2 human aggressive dogs that have been out the front several times. In the end, I was too afraid to walk my dogs because I wouldn't want my dogs involved the next time they tried to take a chunk out of my leg!

Yikes! At least this was only one dog-aggressive dog. That sounds worse RubyStar. :eek:

bugger, hope they don't move near me :laugh:

:laugh: yes hope they're not moving East either.

Woo hoo that's great news trina :thumbsup:

I hope not too Stans Mum. Couldn't say which way the wind blew them though. Hopefully somewhere isolated. With self-closing gates. :laugh:

trinabean

All you need to do now is make sure someone nice moves in.

Maybe put an ad up for new tenants at the local book shop or garden supplies (or other shops kess popular with loud bogans with rude dogs).

I like the way you're thinking Mrs RB. Readers and gardeners are generally good people. :D

Thats great news :)

There is a house like that round the corner from us. Young family though with a very cranky Labradore that they just let roam every morning. My heart starts to race just thinking about trying to walk by We are usually too fast for him but he is very cunning & sneaks up from behind to try & bite Sonny. It is so unsettling though. I totally sympathise with you.

Yes, I just don't get people who let their dogs roam. Especially cranky pants one who are likely to bite. Do they not give a toss about what could happen to others, or even just their own dog if caught or reported? :confused:

I hope they don't move to Qld, Trina. :) This week long-term owner of house at the back has moved to NSW. He owned racing greyhounds that we all loved, including our small dogs and Dook, the American Bulldog pup on the other side.

Terribly worried about who will move in... talk of it being rented. We saw a bloke there yesterday & he leaned over the fence and gave huge pats to Dook, who kept bringing him his ball. News went around the neighbourhood fast. If that's the new owner ... it's a good sign ... he likes dogs! :)

Sounds like a good sign Mita. :)

That's worth a glass of bubbly to celebrate. :champagne::champagne:

Indeed it is DD :laugh: :champagne:

Glad they moved, hopefully new people will be better!

Yes hopefully. I do feel sorry for whoever gets them as neighbours now. For the moment, I'm just enjoying the freedom to walk down the street without that apprehension about no. 71. No more trying to work out whether the gate is open as we round the corner. No more ninja AngryDog launching out the driveway at us. Bliss! :happydance2: