Small Dog Syndrome

GeckoTree

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's why I couldn't move to the Gold Coast, I tried to put my basset under one arm and the kelpie under the other and then I realised that it was going to be too hard to carry them plus my fake Versace handbag while putting on my hot pink lip gloss so I had no choice but to stay here. :(

That's why I couldn't move to the Gold Coast, I tried to put my basset under one arm and the kelpie under the other and then I realised that it was going to be too hard to carry them plus my fake Versace handbag while putting on my hot pink lip gloss so I had no choice but to stay here. :(

You must be devo KC :p

Yeah same here KC. Can't carry a greyhound under each arm either so doomed to stay south of the border *sigh*

I'm sick of some small dog owners using this as an excuse for poor behaviours. Dogs are dogs, poorly behaved dogs need dealing with and treating as dogs.

I certainly don't believe its all, or that its a legitimate 'syndrome'

Edited by Steph M

Guest donatella

My small dogs do not wear designer or get away with unnecessary barking!

In fact I wish they were more like these so called Gold Coast dogs lol.

The problem on the Gold Coast is that only two types of people own small dogs and that's:

1; air-headed bimbos who parade their Chihuahua's around the dog par and then yell at people when the stupid thing starts barking and snapping at bigger dogs "Oh your monstrous dog is scaring mine! stop it! get away!" a girl actually said that to me whereas my dog was only looking at it with his unimpressed face :p (Winston secretly loves little dogs but is afraid of foxies and chihuahuas cause 90% of the time he meets them they bite him and he knows not to bite back although i know he wants to). I think it said "Bella" in diamantes (or however you spell it) on the little beasts bright pink jacket that matched it's mummy dearest;

and 2 are old people who believe it does nothing wrong and that when it bites your ankles YOU must have done something to provoke it because schnookums wouldn't hurt a fly. You treat a dog like a spoiled brat and you get little dog syndrome meaning it's little and it think's it's big however they don't learn their lesson when the bigger dogs don't take very kindly to Beverly Hills Chihuahua coming into their park and acting like twits. That's the Gold Coast. Retirees and walking talking helium tanks.

What's the point in walking a dog by carrying it under your arm? Lol.

For sure you're posting this crap to get a rise out of us.

I'm an old person with well trained dogs. Take your frigging age bias elsewhere, along with all your other evident biases as shown by your posts.

Give me old people any day over stupid people who post utter rubbish on dog forums. You sound to be very much like the Gold Coast air head bimbos of which you speak :stupid:

Aren't you the one who said in another post if you don't know how to train a dog...Google it. Then you went on to say that's what you do. I believe it.

Guest donatella

Wow, Bella had really grown up, don.

You mean Bon :p

Yes nothing wrong with the front legs they wander in and out of trouble all day lol

The problem on the Gold Coast is that only two types of people own small dogs and that's airheaded bimbos who parade their Chihuaua's around the dog par and then yell at people when the stupid thing starts barking and snapping at bigger dogs "Oh your monstrous dog is scaring mine! stop it! get away!" a girl actually said that to me whereas my dog was only looking at it in obvious disgust. I think it said "Bella" in diamontes on the little beasts bright pink jacket that matched it's mummy dearest; and 2 are old people who believe it does nothing wrong and that when it bites your ankles YOU

The problem on the Gold Coast is that only two types of people own small dogs and that's:

1; air-headed bimbos who parade their Chihuahua's around the dog par and then yell at people when the stupid thing starts barking and snapping at bigger dogs "Oh your monstrous dog is scaring mine! stop it! get away!" a girl actually said that to me whereas my dog was only looking at it with his unimpressed face :p (Winston secretly loves little dogs but is afraid of foxies and chihuahuas cause 90% of the time he meets them they bite him and he knows not to bite back although i know he wants to). I think it said "Bella" in diamantes (or however you spell it) on the little beasts bright pink jacket that matched it's mummy dearest;

and 2 are old people who believe it does nothing wrong and that when it bites your ankles YOU must have done something to provoke it because schnookums wouldn't hurt a fly. You treat a dog like a spoiled brat and you get little dog syndrome meaning it's little and it think's it's big however they don't learn their lesson when the bigger dogs don't take very kindly to Beverly Hills Chihuahua coming into their park and acting like twits. That's the Gold Coast. Retirees and walking talking helium tanks.

What's the point in walking a dog by carrying it under your arm? Lol.

After I laughed and rolled my eyes for a while at the ridiculousness of your comments (and thought about commenting that you haven't done your research because the chihuahuas in the Beverly Hills Chihuahua movies actually get along just fine with a range of other dogs including big ones :p ) I thought some more about what you said.

I note that you've edited your wording but if your dog is looking at other dogs "with disgust" and has been bitten by 90% of the small dogs he meets maybe he is in fact inciting something with his body language and the other dogs and their owners have good reason to feel threatened?

I think it's always worth considering the whole picture if your dog has regular negative interactions with other dogs, not just automatically blaming everyone else. That's the kind of thing experienced trainers/behaviourists can help give you perspective on if you work with them :)

:coffeesplurk: at the pics of the Muderaanian!! Donatella - priceless!!

Friends have a "rat" - a little chi X and while she does get absolutely fussed over - and carried , simply because she is TINY - she also thoroughly enjoy racing around with teh bigger dogs , getting dirty, chasing crickets and sticks , and 'going bush' on camping trips .